Sly Card in an Icecrypt Spark / E2 total n0ob no idea please don’t laugh

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,024 times. The last Post () by fivetide.

• Unfortunately my Dad passed away a few weeks ago and I use to use the card he normally had in his motor home for sky (full bundle was awesome) and his slybox. My brother in his wisdom cancelled the subscription, oh well  .
    So I bought an Icecrypt s3750HD it says its spark and E2 I managed to tune it ok, get some plugins loaded as an experiment and they looked to work fine did all the updates, backed up the system to my NAS.
    Anyway I have the sly card and box. So what would be my next step towards card sharing? I have read as much as I can understand I now realise E2 stands for Enigma2 not got my head around how dual boot comes into play. But the box has Two Conax Card Readers, I’m happy to pay for a key or something as long as it isn’t extortionate like the £90 a month my dad was paying.
    I’m happy to follow the tutorials once I know which ones to read, because I ‘ve read the dream box ones and I think they are E2 so similar, guess that’s why I’m asking because I’m not sure which tutorial will relate to the box I’ve got.. just point me in the right direction and I’ll try my best.

• Official Post

Is the sky card a white one and the official decoder a hd model ?

You use OSCam to read the card, which mimics a videoguard CAM module/card reader, so it doesn`t really matter which software is embedded into the receivers card readers..

You won`t find any keys/servers for sale here, we are not that sort of forum..

Once we know which card you have we can point you in the right direction buddy..

• Sorry I didn't mean I wanted to buy one from here what i meant was that if I have to buy one because there's no other alternative because of the type of box I would go off onto the tinterweb and look it up. I did read the forum rules and I know you are strict on that kind of stuff.

I have the white card with a Sky+HD box, hope that helps. infact I have access to 4 sky cards and 3 HD boxes now.

Edited once, last by fivetide ().

• Official Post

The white card will be paired to the official decoder, so you can`t use it in any third party receiver or card reader. To get a white card working you need to pair it again to an old SD/standard definition model. You can get these on ebay for dirt cheap. Just call sky and provide them with the serial numbers, or use their online facility to activate the card..

Code
    https://activatemychannels.sky.com/

Out of the 4 cards you have access too, are any of them the new red card ? If so the setup is a lot easier..

• Thanks for the reply master G I'll check , I know he got a free upgrade to the top box and I'm sure it had a new card just before Christmas. I'll post here when I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep one of the cards is a red one :) Its attached to the new box at my mums, but the contracts have been canceled and she does not want to one. I replaced the red card with the white one and it still accessed the free channels.

• No there wont be a subscription for the red card or any of the sly products, I will sell the sky boxe's for my mum and get a free view PVR with the cash for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I have to buy a subscription?

• Got it ! So if i share with.. lets call them Mr X and Mr Y one of us has a subscription we all pay a 3rd and share the subscribed card ? Because that's what I was thinking, sorry I was being to specific about the what I had and what I intend to do with the equipment.

• Got it ! So if i share with.. lets call them Mr X and Mr Y one of us has a subscription we all pay a 3rd and share the subscribed card ? Because that's what I was thinking, sorry I was being to specific about the what I had and what I intend to do with the equipment.

Not quite

You pay your subscription and share with other people

For example you pay for Sly and then someone else pays for say Viasat Sweden and you can get their viasat channels and they can your Sly channels

Hope that helps

• Official Post

Got it ! So if i share with.. lets call them Mr X and Mr Y one of us has a subscription we all pay a 3rd and share the subscribed card ? Because that's what I was thinking, sorry I was being to specific about the what I had and what I intend to do with the equipment.

All of you have a subscription of some sorts.. Say for example you all have a sky uk card, you will have sports, mr x will have movies and mr y will have entertainment package.. Everyone that is on your server will have access to mr x & y`s packages if they allow reshare..

You are a star ABARKIE, that makes it perfectly clear, like I said I'm a noob lol so bin the sly card ?

Why would you want to bin the card ?

• Why would you want to bin the card ?

Hi Master G , I cant see what use it will be without a subscription? Unless if I decide to go down a paid route I would need to use it for that. I haven't even looked at that side of things yet :(

- - - Updated - - -

Well I would just like to thank everyone who has helped with my questions. I think this is getting beyond my skills and for obvious reasons I can’t ask the questions to get where I want and for obvious reasons the questions couldn’t be answered anyway. I can get my money back for the receiver its potential is wasted just for Freeview. Maybe when my finances are in a better position I could get a cheap sly subscription. But it’s been very interesting anyway and I have learned a lot about the way encryption and receivers work. Suppose what I need really is someone locally who knows what they are doing to sit down and help me. Maybe I’ll meet that person on the way.. u never know lol.
    Thanks again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!