Server shut down problem

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 600 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi I have a Debian server going the problem is it keeps cutting of about twice a day my internet is on 24/7 100% of the time no problem with that,just my server my line just cuts of the, server does not close down at all can anyone help me before I smash this to bits ta

• Hi the server is 2 years old a friend set this up for me,I dont know alot about the ins and outs of a server this has been going on since the day its been set up sometimes it can go for about 2months without no problems then it could go off once a twice a day you mentioned scripts and logs how do I go about finding those

• this makes interesting reading mate ! joint10

Linux log files location and how do I view logs files?

And my log files for cccam is in /emu
    My set-up may be different im using debian6 with oscam cccam213

Do you have a log cleanup script in place & working.

How do we go about checking if there is a log cleanup script Ten Below ?

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Official Post

In debian look in emu/script directory for a file named logcleanup.sh or simillar, another way to delete them is with webmin where you can choose which log files & how often they are deleted,

What i was thinking was your var partition may be full with old log files if they are not being removed causing the freeze. If not reading the logs will hopefully show you why its happening.
    Scooby71 the very worst case senario would be a fresh install which takes less than an hour so dont smash it yet lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!