How I recovered my Dead Openbox X6

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,186 times. The last Post () by rmg_hrr.

• I was trying to find alternate firmware for Openbox X6 (old model), flashed Azfox Z3s and Azfox S2S and then Jynxboox V6, but none of them worked.
    I used recovery tool 0f and another unnamed 2008 version using RS232 interface and was able to recover it back with my original open box x6 dump.

All these time I was fortunate enough to connect via RS232. The Original X6 firmware not even supporting diseqc 1.1 so limited to 4 lnbs only.

With some frustration, I wanted to at-least change the boot log and uploaded new boot log, then disaster struck.

All of a sudden it become dead and was refusing to connect via RS232.

I had with me EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A so I give try by making direct connection on the chip it self, but then also nothing happened, the file transfer use to fail, may be I setup wrongly not sure.

Then I decided to JTAG the Openbox X6 firmware on cloud ibox 3 using Brodband studio so that boot loader chip I could take out from Cloud ibox 3 and solder on to Openbox x6.

it worked. Openbox X6 came back to life.

I soldered a spare per-programmed chip on Ibox3 and now the problem resolved.

As planned every thing worked, and faced some difficulty in removing flash chip from board and then fixing it back but the it payed off.

I would like to know is there a easy way to use EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A to flash these 4mb chips?

- - - Updated - - -

Hear is the chip on X6 board

98700c4e3c3.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by rmg_hrr ().

• SPI programer could do it, clip on clip off ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!