Dark motor users, do me a favour?

• Hi, just thought Id let you know, I'v been looking at the Dark monster again, out of desperation.
    I know it's utter junk, but at lest it was quiet.
    The Tech no mate TM2600, works well but it's so noisy it's un usable, and I haven't used it since installing it months ago (sounds like an electric drill).

Anyway, I took the top off the Dark Monster, and noticed that the bearing in the lid is being pinched when it's bolted down. I'm thinking of milling the bearing seat in the lid down to give the motor an easier time of it.

If your using a Darkmotor at the moment and having problems turning the dish, can you do me a favour and just loosen your lid (3 bolts), and see if it improves things.

I would buy another make but finding one that works and is quiet seems to be a problem. And as this is the third motor it's getting a little expensive.

Thanks for your help.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!