Can't get picons to display on the LCD :(

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,315 times. The last Post () by therogue.

• I have tried every little thing I think that I have come across, in the process I now have channel picons in boquet and on the info bar...but nothing except the standard "channel name" "show name" and "progess" bar :(
    I placed the picons in /usr/share/enigma2/piconlcd/picon
    they are correctly formatted and in png format.
    I installed oktus's ipks
    placed a picon folder in root... on HDD,installed ...something4LCD... No go :(

What am I doing wrong T_T

edit: Oh BH 4.0.3 I believe the image ver is

Edited once, last by therogue: forgot image ().

• Thank you for that master G, picons popped up just as promised, but not the ones I added... any insight into what I can do about that ? If is ask really nicely and say pretty please ?

• Official Post

EvO`s Front panel Picons doesn`t actually install any picons, so you must have tried to add different picon packs as well ?

Which picons did you install and where are they located ?

I just tested EvO`s download with oktus picons in the root of the image (not inside any other folder) and its using them on the LCD screen..

• EvO`s Front panel Picons doesn`t actually install any picons, so you must have tried to add different picon packs as well ?

Which picons did you install and where are they located ?

I just tested EvO`s download with oktus picons in the root of the image (not inside any other folder) and its using them on the LCD screen..

Technically I haven't seen oktus's picons as I used the IPKs, so it could be those which it is currently using. I placed picons in usr/share/enigma2/piconlcd/picon

I did notice a picon folder on root, but they have unique names like "1_0_16_1523_455_1_C00000_0_0_0.png" not sure if placing the ones I want to use will work. but what do I know... Whats your take master ?

edit: I obviously meant I'm using image 3.0.2...no idea why I said 4.0.3 in the first post

Edited 2 times, last by therogue: edit^2 ().

• Official Post

The picon folder on root will be oktus`s picons from the ipk. Delete that picon folder in root.
    Delete the picons you sent to usr/share/enigma2/piconlcd/picon, that`s not the correct location.
    The picon folder should be in root or usr/share/enigma2/ or /media/hdd or /media/usb.
    Now try one or the other, not both.. The ipk or FTP the picon folder to the correct directory..

• The picon folder on root will be oktus`s picons from the ipk. Delete that picon folder in root.
    Delete the picons you sent to usr/share/enigma2/piconlcd/picon, that`s not the correct location.
    The picon folder should be in root or usr/share/enigma2/ or /media/hdd or /media/usb.
    Now try one or the other, not both.. The ipk or FTP the picon folder to the correct directory..

- - - Updated - - -

It seems like the picons put themselves in multiple locations... I cant figure out why though, found another batch,not mine in /media/usb/picon mind you, there is no usb attached to the box...making it even stranger

Edited once, last by therogue: update ().

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!