cannot list picons on solo 4k

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,335 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• Hello
    Been trying for a few day's and cannot get picons showing at all.

i'm running a solo 4K with the Bosses modded BH 3.0.2 image with MX_RedZ skin.
    i'm trying to load oktus's picons for 0.8W but i will need other sats as well, i've formatted a Kingston 4 gb pen to ext2 and setup a 512 mg swap file and mounted the pen to /media/usb the picons have been transffered there but nothing is showing.

so i've just tried loading them to the flash, /usr/share/enigma2 i used oktus's manual version for this the picons are sized as 220x132 8 bit.

it's been a long long time since i've used picons but never had this problem before and that's on many different type of boxes.

looking forward to solving this lol.

best regards: canthackit

• Official Post

Do you have a folder named picon with just the images inside it (no other folders inside the picon folder) ?
    You can put the picon folder in the root of the image (not inside any other folder) or /usr/share/enigma2 or depending how your usb device is mounted /media/hdd or /media/usb
    If you are using oktus`s ipk files they install to the root of the image, but the script in the ipk removes the old picon folder. So you will need to extract oktus`s ipk`s with 7-zip, then combine all the images into a folder named picon.

• Boss
    checked your reply you have them named as picon, mine were named picons so i removed the "s " from the ones in /media/usb restarted enigma2 they are now showing (thank you) apart from C More Action, but that's something that needs to be addressed elsewhere, i'm sure someone will update it.

regards: canthackit

• OK
    so far i've found the C More Action picon and loaded it, but the thing is sizing the picons are 220X132 8 bit they are way way to big..... as i say i am on the MX_RedZ skin i tried one other skin and it was the same.

to be honest i've never really understood all the different sizes and what ones i need..... i generally just take pot luck, many years ago the last time i used picons i used Lichters, sadly i think he no longer develops or updates them.

so what is the answer please people.

so what do i need to do to get the proper sized oktus picons.

best regards: canthackit

• Thanks Boss
    You are of course dead right.....but then again you know you were :-)))
    i've put on MetrixHD and oktus's 0.8W transparent are showing as properly, this is only a tester skin for me though, i'm not that keen on it so i need to find a decent looking skin that will be suitable.

Now i've got to try and find the missing picons, and this is only the first sat it'll be 6 more to go.

Best Regards: canthaclkit

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!