amiko mini combo hdmi problem

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,990 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone has had problems with the above model amiko when using the hdmi socket. I am having difficulty when connecting to different display units with the hdmi socket. Some TV's will not display a picture when 1080 resolution is selected on the box, selecting 720 will work ok. If I connect the box to a hd projector I also have the same problem. I have tried 3 different amiko mini's straight out of the box. All seem to be the same.

• I'd first check all your display units to see if they can display full Hd (1080p).
    A lot of older equipment were only HD ready (normally means that it can't display resolutions above 720p from my experience)
    If your display shows a picture at 720p but not 1080p then this may be your problem.

• Hi Codar,
    Thanks for getting back to me. I went through all the normal checks first and tried the amiko on two different projectors also. One projector is 1080 and displays pictures from a Sky (UK) box fine. The other is full HD / 3D and is about 6 months old. This projector ( Infocus make ) does not like the amiko box at all. I have tried the amiko at both projectors with a 1mtr lead and still have the same problem.
    Any suggestions most welcome.

• Think sly is 1080i not 1080p (don't quote me on that though)
    Chance a different hdmi lead and try your refresh rate at 50hz (although it shouldn't really matter on a decent projector)
    Maybe have your amiko running before powering on your projector (worth a shot)
    Also check your aspect ratio on your projector (16:9 is standard for hd)

• Think sly is 1080i not 1080p (don't quote me on that though)
    Chance a different hdmi lead and try your refresh rate at 50hz (although it shouldn't really matter on a decent projector)
    Maybe have your amiko running before powering on your projector (worth a shot)
    Also check your aspect ratio on your projector (16:9 is standard for hd)

Hi Codar,
    I tried when last on site a different hdmi lead, different resolutions etc, etc. It seems the latest projector which is HD / 3D does not like the Amiko where as if I try it on an older full HD model it displays pictures in 576 resolution. I will be back on site soon and will bring some different STB's with me to make some comparisons. I will keep you posted.
    Talk later

• UPdate,
    Back on site today now that the Olympic games etc are over and pressure is off. Today I used an Amiko box which had original firmware ie, no emu addon, and it worked on both projectors.
    It seems as though whatever changes the emu sw has made the projectors did not like it.
    This is a weight off

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!