Using Vu+ PlayerHD

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,011 times. The last Post () by ferdi.

• Have set up OpenWebif and access my Solo2 through the Vu+ PlayerHD android app. Two issues (hoping someone can solve for me):
    1. I would like to set up a local and a remote configuration, but the app only seems to ever remember one meaning I have to reconfigure each time I switch between modes
    2. Once I have configured for remote access, switching back to local always gives "Connection fail" - the only solution being to restart the Solo2.

Am I doing something wrong?

• sorry ferdi, I thought it was straight forward. My Solo2 is wifi connected to my router on a fixed local IP. Android app (phone) is wifi attached to the same router. Set app using correct ip, port, user and password. then works fine, config is remembered for next use and connects automatically. However, for remote use I use a no-ip address with ports forwarded, etc. When connecting from a remote location I need to manually configure and the apps main page does not remember the "local" configuration, so still only one box configured. Remotely then works fine. However, on return to "local" (LAN) connection, again need to reconfigure (I wish I could have two configurations saved) the app with local ip etc. but connection always "fails" until I reboot the Solo2. Don't switch between them too often, but would like to have the app "remember" two configs under different names (eg "local" and "remote") so I can select at will, and would like to be able to reconnect to the Solo 2 after returning to local config without a restart of the Solo2.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!