Which Router to use with VM-2 Superhub ??

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,104 times. The last Post () by multipack.

• Guys
    Which router so I buy to use with VM-super-hub2 ??

I want a router that has capabilities to add my Dyndns
    & I can use for CS & also that has a good wifi & download speed with the VM suoerhub2

Which Routers are you using guys as I've gotta sort my pathetic home network once & for all?

Thanks in advance again ;-)

Inspiral

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Don't know anything about VM-superhub but I'd recommend something you can flash with DD-WRT firmware.
    It should tick all the boxes you require.

Code
    https://www.flashrouters.com/blog/2015/04/24/most-popular-best-wireless-routers-dd-wrt-2016/

Something else to consider would be a fritzbox , they are expensive and look a bit like a childs toy but a great router and have a brilliant os (make sure you choose an international version as getting an international os on a german version can be problematic.)

• cheers for reply my spare router i have it flashed up with DD-WRT & it wont work due to the IP range in the firmware m8?

im hoping someone reads this & is running Superhub as a modem & is CS ?
    az you cant add your DNS details in any version of the VM superhub m8

so has to be in modem mode with an added Router??? but which one is best that dont have a pathetic download speed? & has good wifi range?

cheers again

Inspiral

Edited once, last by Inspiral ().

• I don't think the ip range within your dd-wrt router should be an issue as this is just the ip pool that your router assigns to your home network (should be easily changed within your dd-wrt router though to something other than the default 192.168.x.x range).
    When your superhub is in modem mode, I'd imagine it should only pass on your wan ip to your dd-wrt router (normally needs to be hard wired between lan 1 on superhub and wan (or lan1 if no wan present) on dd-wrt router, the superhub would probably need to be rebooted after switching it to modem mode to acquire / forward the wan ip as well though)
    You may need to enter settings into your connected dd-wrt enabled router though (passwords-connection type etc) which can be got from virgin or from the superhub before you flip it to modem mode, although not entirely sure.
    All guess work though as I have no access to a superhub.
    I'd concentrate on getting your existing dd-wrt router working before I'd purchase anything though, just to make sure it's do-able.

• modem mode on VM-Superhub2 gives an IP of 192.168.100.1 & dont thinks can be changed?

i set DD_WRT Router as 192.168.100.2

but the IP range on DD_WRT firmware starts 192.168.100.100 so couldnt get my head around a fix??

• set it at 192.168.100.2 then set the ip pool to start at 192.168.100.10 to say 192.168.100.50 cheaper routers will not support many more than that and it doubtful you have more than 50 devices in your house, in the setup page set the ip to 192.168.100.2 then hit apply settings and reboot the router, after you log back in you should be able to set the ip's to the higher range

you could always make your own router with an old pc with 2 network cards and run ipfire, ipcop etc

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

Edited once, last by multipack ().

• I use a TP-Link AC1900 with a VM Superhub 3, the TP-Link is running the latest ddwrt firmware and with the router in modem only mode 192.168.100.1 i can still allocate the TP-Link to do 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.200

Without any problems

• I use a TP-Link AC1900 with a VM Superhub 3, the TP-Link is running the latest ddwrt firmware and with the router in modem only mode 192.168.100.1 i can still allocate the TP-Link to do 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.200

Without any problems

Hi m8
    That's great info, my router is a TPlink - TL-WR841N
    Can I ask for your assistance if needed bud?

Thanks

Inspiral

Edited once, last by Inspiral ().

• you can set the router IP and the Super-hub IP SO THERE THE SAME :)

setup,basic setup and you can set network setup

IP,subnet ect ect

use the 192.1.0.* for router ip ;)

hope this helps then use static ips or dhcp ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Official Post

Cant help with your specific router but i can say that the asus router is extremely easy to setup and use.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS…59577c:g:ScIAAOSwh-1W6q7w

Had one for years, paid triple that price too.

• yes it makes sense, but there is a lot more to setting up a router to use as a switch than what this page suggests. What router did you install dd-wrt on? And i would use dynu.com its free and doesnt nag you every month to pay for it like others. Take a look at this page you can pick out the sections that apply to you https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• yes it makes sense, but there is a lot more to setting up a router to use as a switch than what this page suggests. What router did you install dd-wrt on? And i would use dynu.com its free and doesnt nag you every month to pay for it like others. Take a look at this page you can pick out the sections that apply to you https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Access_Point

Thanks for reply m8
    i have dd-wrt installed on a TPlink WR841ND
    cannot get my head around setting it up tho?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!