CrossEPG on OpenATV - am I going crazy

• I decided to have a look around today as I have found that every so often, I get EPG "overlap", and it's just been bothering me.

My box is a VU Solo 4K running OpenATV 5.3 that I have updated to today's build (29072016), CrossEPG is 0.8.1+gitr435+d1641ff-r5 from the ATV feeds.
    I also have an Edison OS-Mini on OpenATV, same build numbers.

Under Setup > EPG > Setting, my EPG location is set to "/media/usb" as I have a 500GB HDD in the box, and a 32GB Kingston also. On the Edison, I've only got the USB, but for consistency I've got it mounted on /media/usb also.

Now, when I took a look at "/usr/crossepg/crossepg_epgmove.sh", lines 11 to 15 caught my interest.

Line 13 says: EPGDAT=`cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep "config\.misc\.epgcache_filename=" | sed "s/config\.misc\.epgcache_filename=//"`

Now, on both my Solo 4K and the Edison, if I type "cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep epgcache" the only result I get is:
    config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/usb/

That obviously doesn't match the grep or the sed of "epgcache_filename", so I carry on through the script....

else # else default path
    EPGDAT="/hdd/epg.dat"

Well, my epg.dat isn't *at* HDD, so I've changed it today so line 15 reads EPGDAT="/media/usb/epg.dat"; but I'm wondering if maybe CrossEPG should have been reading epgcachepath instead of epg_filename?

If it was moving the EPG back to the wrong place, it would explain why my boxes are getting confused.

Or am I really missing something here?

Input from the community appreciated

LR

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!