Mgcamd / oscam / cccam question

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,471 times. The last Post () by hs5424.

• Hi All,
    I have moved my post to here as I have had no replies so far, maybe it should have been here in the first place. Hope this is ok.

At the moment I have a server running ubunti 12.04.5 with oscam reading a card and cccam sharing. I have been told because of some issues that it would be better if I used mgcamd as the client softcam. Is there any straight forward changes that I can make to my server setup to achieve this. Maybe its just an addition of a line in my oscam / cccam that is needed.
    Thanks in advance.

• Thanks MasterG,
    So to get started I need to get rid of cccam on my server. Do I just hash out the cccam cfg file lines or uninstall cccam completely. I take it that I need some line that ties mgcamd to oscam like the one that I have presently in my oscam/cccam setup. I will need help with the N / CWS line as its new to me.
    Thanks in advance for your help. I am on a new learning curve.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks MasterG,
    So to get started I need to get rid of cccam on my server. Do I just hash out the cccam cfg file lines or uninstall cccam completely. I take it that I need some line that ties mgcamd to oscam like the one that I have presently in my oscam/cccam setup. I will need help with the N / CWS line as its new to me.
    Thanks in advance for your help. I am on a new learning curve.

Just wondering if I could leave cccam running but give the client boxes a choice of opening in mgcamd or cccam.

• Official Post

So to get started I need to get rid of cccam on my server. Do I just hash out the cccam cfg file lines or uninstall cccam completely.

No need to remove CCcam, just delete the CCcam.cfg

Just wondering if I could leave cccam running but give the client boxes a choice of opening in mgcamd or cccam.

You could, but there really is no point as you can use the CCcam protocol in oscam as well..

On the server add newcamd and cccam parameters with ports of your choice to oscam.conf.. 0963:000000 is the caid and ident of your card:

Add accounts for each share, one for each protocol:

You now have a C & N line, readers for oscam or CWS for mgcamd:

C: your.hostname.org 10002 user1 password1
    N: your.hostname.org 10001 user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
    CWS = your.hostname.org 10001 user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Code
    [reader]
    label=cccam
    enable=1
    protocol=cccam
    device=your.hostname.org,[COLOR='#FF0000']10002[/COLOR]
    user=[COLOR='#FFA500']user1[/COLOR]
    password=[COLOR='#FFA500']password1[/COLOR]
    group=1
    lb_weight=100

Code
    [reader]
    label=newcamd
    enable=1
    protocol=newcamd
    key=0102030405060708091011121314
    device=your.hostname.org,[COLOR='#FF0000']10001[/COLOR]
    user=[COLOR='#FFA500']user[/COLOR]
    password=[COLOR='#FFA500']password[/COLOR]
    group=1
  • Thanks for getting back to me once again MasterG.
    I will give your instructions a go in the next day or two and report back.

Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wondering if I get rid of cccam and follow your instructions is my original server 'Listen Port' now redundant or do I retain it and add another port for newcamd.
    Hope this is not too silly a question.

• To clarify.
    The mgcamd and the newcamd ports will now be the same. I open this port on my router also. The original listen port that I used for my cccam I can retain. I delete the cccam.cfg file from my server.

• Official Post

Just wondering if I get rid of cccam and follow your instructions is my original server 'Listen Port' now redundant or do I retain it and add another port for newcamd.
    Hope this is not too silly a question.

retain it and add another port for newcamd.

Change the port in oscam.conf to whatever the server listen port was in the CCCam.cfg:

Code
    [cccam]
    port = [COLOR='#FF0000']10002[/COLOR]
    version = 2.1.3
    build = 3165
    keepalive=1

To clarify.
    The mgcamd and the newcamd ports will now be the same. I open this port on my router also. The original listen port that I used for my cccam I can retain. I delete the cccam.cfg file from my server.

You seem to be on the right track now bud.

• Hi MasterG,
    Almost there. Set as instructed in the above posts and now can view pics in mgcamd and newcamd, however when I try to view in cccam my test receiver ( opticum X7 ) shows that I am connected but I get not pics. Any ideas before I post my configs.

• Any ideas anyone please

Check your webif details

Ie

[webif]
    httpport = 20000
    httpuser =
    httppwd =
    httprefresh = 60
    httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.1-192.168.0.100,192.168.1.2-192.168.1.100,1.1.1.1-255.255.255.255
    aulow = 120

Ip address of box.... 192.168.1.5:20000 this is an example

• Official Post

Hi MasterG,
    Almost there. Set as instructed in the above posts and now can view pics in mgcamd and newcamd, however when I try to view in cccam my test receiver ( opticum X7 ) shows that I am connected but I get not pics. Any ideas before I post my configs.

Is the opticum x7 on the same network as the server or connecting externally ? If internal, are you using the ip address of the server on the c line instead of hostname ? If external, did you go to canyouseeme.org and check the cccam port is open ?

On your server you have cccam configured in oscam.conf:

Code
    [cccam]
    port = 10002
    version = 2.1.3
    build = 3165
    keepalive=1

And an account setup for the opticum x7:

Code
    [account]
    description = opticum x7
    user  = opticum.user
    pwd = opticum.password
    group = 1

You now have a c line for the opticum x7.
    Connecting internally (192.168.1.87 is the ip address of the server):

Code
    C: 192.168.1.87 10002 opticum.user opticum.password

Connecting externally (10002 must be open in the router):

Code
    C: my.hostname.org 10002 opticum.user opticum.password
  • The x7 is on a different network. My original listen port for cccam I have retained and I made a new port for oscam / mgcamd. This new port I checked with port checker and it came up as OK. The X7 give me a green light for both ports and displays pics from both newcamd and mgcamd but when I change settings on X7 for the cccam I get no pics. I will double check later and note what the X7 says exactly and post here. It might throw some light on the situation. The server at this stage has the original cccam config removed.
    Thanks again.

Edited once, last by hs5424: spelling ().

• Hi MasterG,
    Got sorted out ok. On closer examination I found that for some reason my oscam text files had one or two characters misplaced. I was using a notepad in ubuntu and am getting used to it at the moment. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. It's not the first time.
    Keep up the good work.

• Hi MasterG,
    There is one thing puzzling me a bit. On the oscam dashboard the cccam user that I setup in oscam.conf shows up as online and is in green, however after about half a minunite it changes to yellow and says connected. There are also no statistics in the ecm panels. I can open my stb and view channels in oscam, cccam and mgcamd ok. If I web browse into cccam it shows zero active and zero connected clients. My active box in cccam is displayed on the oscam dashboard.

• Hi MasterG,
    There is one thing puzzling me a bit. On the oscam dashboard the cccam user that I setup in oscam.conf shows up as online and is in green, however after about half a minunite it changes to yellow and says connected. There are also no statistics in the ecm panels. I can open my stb and view channels in oscam, cccam and mgcamd ok. If I web browse into cccam it shows zero active and zero connected clients. My active box in cccam is displayed on the oscam dashboard.

bump
    have compared with friends ubuntu setup , same configs etc, his cccam user in oscam remains green.

• Hi MasterG,
    I have all the above configs setup ok and I can see pics in cccam, oscam and mgcamd ok. However in the oscam webif dashboard the the cccam that I configured in oscam.confg is displayed in green for about 20 secs and then turns yellow. Is this normal. I compared it with a friends and his remains green and online 100% of the time.

• Hi MasterG
    Here is my screen shot. The first two users are what I setup in oscam and tied them to cccam with an N line 127.0.0.1 etc etc, and 192.168.1.201 etc etc ( server ip ). They turn green and say online for about 30 secs after that then go yellow. Both oscam and cccam clients are displayed on the webif as you can see, however when I browse into cccam it displays zero clients connected. My mate says that these users should be green as is the case on his server.483b66136ce3c479a28a8b93.jpg

MGCamd Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for MGCamd Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!