OmniKey not showing in Readers on OSCam

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 517 times. The last Post () by jimmyo88.

• Hello there, first post here.

I've been following various tutorials to get where I currently am.

First of all, to install CCcam and OScam, I followed this tutorial.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…Oscam-CCcam-2-1-3-Install

I hit some errors using 10.04 and the auto script mainly due to outdated repositories. After upgrading to 16.01, the script ran smoothly.

Ok, so I now have CCcam and OScam running and everything is looking good.

Next is to install the Cardreader which I followed this tutorial for
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=1712

When I got to the part which asks me to edit the following lines:
    reader_drivers = pcsc, ctapi;
    try_emulation_first = yes;
    lock_login = false;
    provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1

I couldn't find these in /etc/opensc/opensc.conf
    I did notice in the previous tutorial though that I may need not to even install the card reader at all.

Running 'opensc-tool -l' shows:
    # Detected readers (pcsc)
    Nr. Card Features Name
    0 Yes OMNIKEY AG CardMan 3121 00 00
    1 No O2 Micro Oz776 01 00

Great, this looks like the card reader is installed.
    I also get promising results when running 'pcsc_scan' where it detects my card as Sky TV Multiroom (Pay TV)

This is where I am confused though,
    When I click on the "Readers" tab on OSCam, I do not see any cardreader listed.
    Clicking "Scan USB" shows

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 076b:3021 OmniKey AG CardMan 3121
    iProduct 2 Smart Card Reader USB
    iSerial 0

I'm still not sure what I should be putting in oscam.conf?
    I have the new Sky RedCard

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Look at the attached configs to make a comparison of what you have in your own setup.... i have also attached a working opensc.conf file if you need it.

In the oscam.server file (boxid = 12345678 for example) you need to add your boxkey when using the red sky card, also the red sky card caid is 0960, the white card is 0963...

• Thanks for the reply mckee25

Shortly after I posted that I downloaded a config set similar to yours and started getting more promising results in the logs.
    A quick bit of reading tells me that to get the boxkey, I need to plug my sky card in to the actual skybox and get the serial number which I can then convert to Hex.

As i've only just signed up for Sky, I've received my card but am not getting the installation until Monday. (I already have a dish).

Do I need the actual box sky will provide or can I use a year old one I have lying around the house?

P.s love the avatar, I'm a proud Kali-linux enthusiast :)

• If this is a new sky installation bud i would hang fire until the installer has been out to setup your new receiver etc.... it might look strange if you go ahead and pair your new card to a old receiver. The red card will still work in a server even if it's paired to a Sky HD box. You can use the serial number (on a Sticker) on the bottom of the receiver to work out your boxkey...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• When exactly does the card get paired to the receiver?

UPDATE:
    Nevermind, Looking at this, the card is not automatically paired and I need to manually pair the card so no worries.
    https://www.sky.com/help/artic…our-subscription-channels

I jumped the gun and pulled my old box out and stuck the card in it. The box was not connected to the dish and I disabled the wireless.
    I'm not too worried as I had sky installed just over a year ago and cancelled it. My dish is broke hence why I needed Sly to come and do the installation again.

If the engineers come and say the card has already been paired then I can play ignorance and say that as I already had an old box and a dish, I just assumed it would work. Fair assumption really. They might even say to continue using the old box and use the one with my installation for freesat???

Hopefully though, the old box hasn't paired the card and I can proceed Monday without any of these issues.

If my old box has paired the card (bearing in mind the explanation I have), would I be running any risk using the old box's box key to experiment with this current card?

Edited once, last by jimmyo88: update ().

• Thanks a lot for your help, I'm thinking that I'll all be set to go once the engineers arrive :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to be a pain mckee25,
    Can you confirm whether I should have HD movies/sports working with a red card when paired with a genuinel box key?
    Seem to be reading a lot of conflicting information but most of it seems to be quite old or outdated.

I'll be happy to write a tutorial once I've got everything working.

• Hd movies/sport will only work with the original receiver and Hd package I'm afraid (astra 28.2)
    It's not available when running your card in a server due to hardware pairing.

• Ahh that's really dissapointing, luckily I can still cancel my deal with Sky. Shame though, I thought I was all good to go.
    Does Virgin Media also have this issue?
    I've seen some Zgemma box's and the setup seems pretty similar.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!