alien 2 usb drive problem

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,533 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• Hi I have a flash drive problem with a alien 2 running a HDMU image, I have 2 sandisk usb drives 4gb and 16 gb. the 4gb was always in use in the receiver but box has stopped recognising it even after formatting to fat32 and ntfs, so I plugged in my 16gb last night and it it recognised it so this morning I checked and the 16gb is no longer recognised as the epg configuration is set to internal flash and wont switch to flash drive. Is the box faulty as this is a new hdmu image I flashed yesterday but I still had the same usb problem with the previous HDMU image, any help appreciated.
    Kevin

• hdmu has a problem with usb drives

unless you format as a label it doesnt regognise them correctly

also iv stopped using crossepg at the moment and using epgimporter

so as for the harddrive problem you can use the plugin hdmanager,that will mount your drive and also use it to set a swap

fat32 is no good as that has a file limit of 4gig

if you cant find the files give us a shout

- - - Updated - - -

id also say try opendroid 5.5, that will solve your problem with usb not being seen,

• Thanks Pauldb that explains a lot of things, is there any particular way to label this drive?. Do I use the hdd with epgimporter or flash drive?

• I had issues way back on PKT too where it doesnt really like anything after a while except ext3

try booting the box in spark. then within spark you can format the drive to ext3. then reboot back in E2 and re mount and your good to go.

Its a lot quicker and easier to format ext3 in spark

• Thanks Guys, I am flashing to pauldb suggestion of opendroid. I am suspicious all is not well with my box as there seems to be a lot of static build up but once I flash it this morning I will know better. I did try booting in spark yesterday morn but it went to red light?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay flashed box to opendroid spent over an hour setting everything up and tweaking it. looking very good hdd and usb all accepted very happy:20_003: done a reboot and !!!!!!!!!! arrgh, box will only recognise 13 east sat, tried everything to change it short of a reflash, honestly feel like throwing it out in the rain or giving it to the dog to chew on!!!!!! Going to sit in a dark room for a while now:06:

• just a fixed dish on 28 east Jokosat. Anyways after a break tried vix4e2 image and so far so good and happier as the bouquets have roi and uk setup, just one question, which softcam should I use with the alien 2 receiver? as it list about 6 but not sure which one.

• Everything setup now jokosat, really like vix4e2, usb recognised and hdd very easy setup, that version of vix looks exactly the same as version for vu duo with hdd recording screens exactly the same. I will try the oscam you suggested, not really a big deal as I can try to I get the right one. prob wont try until tomorrow or Monday as I have to get a new sub yet. hopefully usb drive still recognised by box tomorrow but not too worried as epgimporter is installed. Thanks very much to you Elliskenny and Pauldb for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

• hi PaulDB only on my personal opinion i have this mini hd alien with vi.4 for last 6/8 m in the living room with no issue usb for cross epg,picons ..ect .i install remote stream converter for watch my oder sat from dm 520 and vu solo2

don't update don't record just watch tv in lg 55 tv alls run perfect . and to be honest i never try other image from the first time i put this image . i am happy to try another image but if i am happy with this one is ok for me.

as due my experience , i see in the forums , people change and change again image ???? i am happy to change or update image for big improvement yes .

tkyou

• im on about the a2 not the mini,
    a lot of the oe type images struggle on the a2, to a point that the latest vix4 wont even go on the box i use due to different drivers,sticks at boot, the only image that does this, so yes may be ok in the box you use, the old moto if it aint broke dont fix it, thats why im using a hdmu image from jan

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!