V5s no signal - all channels

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,076 times. The last Post () by PX54.

• First off, I'm not the most savvy with these Openbox devices, so if you could try and keep any responses in leyman's terms if possible that would be appreciated.
    I've been using my v5s box for the past 9 months, with only the occasional 'scrambled' message every now any again. However yesterday around noon the box suddenly displayed 'no signal' across all channels and I've yet to get any image back. There's been no poor weather between the time it was last working and now, I've checked the dish and it all seems fine. I've tried updating both the firmware and channel lists, and nothing.
    The only thing i can see that has changed is the date and time seems to be set to 1st November 2010 with the time currently showing as 1:40 (it's 10:40 currently here) I think this may have come from me changing some settings as previously it was showing as yesterday (time was still out by 3 hours) but it was correct the night before and I'd not changed anything before the 'no signal' message.
    The EPG and Time setting was set to Satellite (and has always been, to the best of my knowledge). I can see that changing it to XMLTV does give me the correct time and date, but still 'no signal'

As an example, currently the blue bar when on Sky Sports News is at 74% and the SNR is flickering between 3/4/5%. Sky 1 - blue bar at 76%, SNR 5-7%. ITV - blue bar 13%, SNR 3/5/7%

• Sounds like you have dish/cable issues.
    Double check satellite cable connections at the rear of your receiver and at dish.
    If you can get hold of another receiver to double check or a meter would tell you for sure.

• Thanks for the tips. I'll get myself a meter to check the signal. If that says it's all fine would you suggest a factory reset?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!