any news of E2 images in the future?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,387 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• Hi,

I have a wetek play 2 and I know there are no E2 images for this box.
    Any wens if there will be E2 images in the near future?
    thanks

• no e2 that im aware of and wont be ntill drivers are done from what i am led to beleive

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• I hope they do get an E2 image, I bought a Play 2 last week and just can't stand using WeTV.

It is like a step back in to the 80's compared to E2 on the original Play 1, currently using Mnigma and just can't fault it. My friend is after a box, so I thought I would upgrade to a Play 2, and pass the Play 1 on, but will have to wait.....

Wetek are recommending you buy a VU if you want E2 and 4k!

• I hope they do get an E2 image, I bought a Play 2 last week and just can't stand using WeTV.

It is like a step back in to the 80's compared to E2 on the original Play 1, currently using Mnigma and just can't fault it. My friend is after a box, so I thought I would upgrade to a Play 2, and pass the Play 1 on, but will have to wait.....

Wetek are recommending you buy a VU if you want E2 and 4k!

PPFT still waiting on drivers to move frward on teh OPENATV on play1 SO dont hold yer breath m8 , i hope im wrong but can see it been not a big issue for em not to have to keep up with drivers that arent coming out from armlogic ;)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• With the play 2 out now I reckon any chance of new drivers for the play 1 has gone mate. Wetek dropped the play 1 the second the play 2 appeared, looking at the issues with the play 2 on the wetek forum it seems to be a buggy piece of sh**e with useless drivers already. As the E2 developers seemed to have got sod all help from wetek or amlogic on the play 1 what incentive is there to develop for the play 2 when any mention of E2 on the wetek forum gets the response that wetek was designed for android and not E2 which is experimental. Designed for android my arse, wetek tv app is horrendous, overly awkward to get a channel list in the right order, epg probably a downgrade from a £30 openbox, lipsync issues. Issues with Netflix and other apps, Wetek had a good idea and are ruining it by sticking with Amlogic and their useless driver support. If their android tv side was usable in the modern day eg seven day epg, app similar to autobouquets and the like then there probably would not be so much demand for E2.

• With the play 2 out now I reckon any chance of new drivers for the play 1 has gone mate. Wetek dropped the play 1 the second the play 2 appeared, looking at the issues with the play 2 on the wetek forum it seems to be a buggy piece of sh**e with useless drivers already. As the E2 developers seemed to have got sod all help from wetek or amlogic on the play 1 what incentive is there to develop for the play 2 when any mention of E2 on the wetek forum gets the response that wetek was designed for android and not E2 which is experimental. Designed for android my arse, wetek tv app is horrendous, overly awkward to get a channel list in the right order, epg probably a downgrade from a £30 openbox, lipsync issues. Issues with Netflix and other apps, Wetek had a good idea and are ruining it by sticking with Amlogic and their useless driver support. If their android tv side was usable in the modern day eg seven day epg, app similar to autobouquets and the like then there probably would not be so much demand for E2.

Agree with all of that!!

Why carry on supporting amlogic if the support has been so shite previously, madness, or is it a smokescreen?

I could never expect my family to get there head round using WeTV or Tv Headend or anything else, you have to be half geeky at least, and then its a compromise on what they are used to, so it will never replace an E2 box.

Seems to be mad, nice cheap, small, fast box for all the sat/cable/tv market, with the benefit of Kodi. They could clean up the market, why make kodi the priority (plenty of that already), they need there heads checked!!

I think as they are authorised Kodi supporters, they are forced to ignore the huge market potential of a E2/Kodi 4K box, pretty sure some Chinese firm will capture it. Shame as Wetek are a good brand.....

• dont have a play2 tbh and wont happy with what i can do play 1 but i only use e2 for making E2 lists and libreelec in nand use convert tool and if tvh4.0 E22TVH app
    if vdr the E2 to channel.conf onlinne convertor , yah can also remote access your m8's and send the files over ;) but hat been said E2 is easyr to use for the masses
    bt still very doable if you take up the slack and remote sort :) dont really use the droid side apart from retro gaming on play 1 and there is no droid epg thats worth fcuk all
    in ma eyes anyrd ken all in all i hear what yahs are saying though :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!