booting from openelec microcard

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,649 times. The last Post () by 1999gtv.

• Hi Everybody.

I was running my wetek using openelec on a micro card for kodi and now for some reason it won't boot from the card.
    A while ago the machine did do an update OTA and afterwards the first screen to show says "press power button to boot from micro card" but the machine won't. It just goes into the normal wetek screen and it does recognise that there is a card in the slot and the cards can be opened to show files that are present.
    I have tried 4 different cards and none will boot. version of openelec is 6.0.3. It may be something simple I'm missing, I just can't pick up on it.

Thanks in advance for any replies

• Hi Mate.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Tried bootloader method a few times on new fat 32 formatted cards and no luck. Software update did not recognise that there was a file there. Card inserted with machine on and off, still the same. Gave up after a few hours trying.
    Thanks again for trying to help.

• Is your card recognised from inside android? What version of android are you running? If screen resolution is changed in android or hdmi cec is enabled it corrupts bootloader stopping dual boot. If you have a usb stick you can update the bootloader from one of these. If using a usb stick only update the bootloader do not try and reinstall the complete OS as that can cause some real unusual issues. If all else fails download the android 1.17 clean install zip from here https://mega.nz/#!b4tWmIrS!cyV…PrLRAtGfvjTbFcu2WShd-AVmk unzip it and copy the 4 files to your fat 32 sdcard and update android using toothpick method, you will end up with factory fresh android installation. any modifications or apps you have already installed will be lost so be aware . Finally if your card or usb stick is 32gb or larger it will not play fair and refuse to boot.

• i stay away from 1.17 myself i would go back to 1.16 boot loader and to to this i find the rescue wetek files work best ;)
    there posted in a thread on here :)

also check out my 28.2 1.16 boot system backup :) im still on same system wont upgrade till its working right :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Agree with that Honcho I use 1.17 with 1.16 bootloader. I use android 1.17 as there were some minor improvements in kernel and android settings but I prefer the 1.16 bootloader so flash that after installing the os

• Agree with that Honcho I use 1.17 with 1.16 bootloader. I use android 1.17 as there were some minor improvements in kernel and android settings but I prefer the 1.16 bootloader so flash that after installing the os

i just do the rescue tut then load my bkup on for droid :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Hi Fellas.
    I'm going to leave it for now. My wife just said "why spend all that time messing with it, when we can just watch kodi through android and what if it crashes".
    I'm thinking she's got a point. So I will leave it for now and wait for an update or maybe think about putting an image on it to try and get sly working. I'm not a techie so I will have a look around and post for tips.
    Thanks fellas for replying.

• Sounds sensible fella, these Weteks aint just plug and play everything requires a bit of messing with. One bit of advice don't install some monster build like the beast on it as it isn't up to that. Stick with your own fav addons or a light build it will make your experience so much better. If at some stage in the future you feel adventurous and have plenty of time to spare read through this forum and the official wetek one and have another go. As long as you are using sdcards to install to you can't really break your Wetek. Somewhere on one of the forums is the answer to getting dual boot working for you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!