V8s Openbox Wifi issue

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,111 times. The last Post () by androidtvuk.

• So by no means a newbie, just bought an Openbox V8s box but for some reason the Wifi is just not working correctly i'm thinking it's actually a faulty box. The wifi aerial I have is absolutely the correct one, I've activated the wifi and get the message that its has been found and it is on. However when I click on the Wifi Manager it is not listing or finding any AP's, well tell a fib it did briefly once after several times turning the box off and on and resetting the router it listed them and allowed me to select my router and connect but then immediately dropped the connection and the list of AP's disappeared again and no matter what i've tried cannot get them to come back up again.

Any ideas anyone? thanks in advance.:62:

• I gave up with wifi on my Openbox, just to get it to connect in the first place I had to change my router password to all lowercase letters with no spaces or hyphens or else it was not recognised, like you I had to reboot a couple of times just to get an Ap in the first place, then it failed as there was a hyphen and a capital letter in passphrase, changed password and went through whole process again and finally working .But every time I rebooted had to re-enter details, ended up using homeplugs. Your issue does sound more hardware related than mine as you have had to keep resetting.

• Ok so problem solved, just in case anyone else has the same issue. I stubbornly thought the wifi aerial i was using was okay and it must be a box problem, even though the aerial had worked on my older box it coincidentally had obviously developed a fault. I borrowed another wifi aerial from a friend and hey presto it worked first time absolutely fine. I previously used the wifi aerial which was a (Skybox/openbox aerial) on an Nbox 5800sx up until the box died I'm now wondering if the aerial which was plugged in at the time had somehow been affected by the box perhaps a power surge or something. It just seemed strange how the V8s openbox indicated that it had found the wifi and that it was on but just not showing any AP's that's what threw me initially but just when you rule the one thing out that you think it can't possible be it turns out it was that after all. Just goes to show always keep an open mind and double check everything including changing hardware where possible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!