help needed to edit channel list

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,544 times. The last Post () by abdul.jabbar.

• Hi,

I have been trying for a few weeks now to edit the channel list files using pc and editor..But no luck at all. The editor is shit so need some help.
    hopefully attached is my file from the openbox s11. Basically *** uk list taken from this forum and modded to suit me..(thanks for uploading)

can some help me move my fav number 15 currently asian to number position 1 at top
    fav number 4 currently sports to position postion 2

The channels within the favorites can be done via remote. A pain but possible. What i cant do is move fav groups up and down

I have attached (winzip) extract to desktop... I have included abs and dbs file ... I managed to get this far but get stuck here

• Which editor you used ?
    PVR800-loader_Editor_HD or Setedit ?

Setedit is no freeware but it works better than pvr editor.

• Hi mate sorry for late reply.

I have tried using both..
    problem is I cannot move the fav groups up and down.. all fav do not even show..
    using editors is supposed to make it easier than using remote but in the case of openbox there is hardly any use to using pc because remote does the job similar to pc editor.

if the firmware writers could add the ability to

1...select fav number 3 for example and than move it down to 8
    2 ...select more than 1 channel within fav list or scanned hotbird list and move all selected up and down.. This way all sports channels could be selected as you can presently select for deleting but here you could move them all together than it would be easier using the remote to add to fav..
    3..... even better if all say sports could be selected and an option to move to a particular fav was possible.. Than you could move within this list and hopefully more than one channel at a time

The ability to select 1 channel at a time takes for ever.. But if all can be selected for deleting im sure the firmware writes could make selecting of more channels for moving could also be done.

• Cannot knock the box for the price you pay, but considering to chinese sources say that at least 2 million of these boxes were exported last year, you would think a user friendly channel editor would not be to much to ask, even the old cable boxes channel editing software was streets ahead of whats available now for these openboxes,lol.

• Cannot knock the box for the price you pay, but considering to chinese sources say that at least 2 million of these boxes were exported last year, you would think a user friendly channel editor would not be to much to ask, even the old cable boxes channel editing software was streets ahead of whats available now for these openboxes,lol.

Its a generic editor for Ali based boxes.
    You will never find a box with linux embedded and good software (firmware).
    Look the Ferguson, Doombox, Engel, etc.... Firmware.

Dont forget : I send all this information to the developpers (chinese and the new dev. AnonymouSX).

Do you remember the first Firmware for Openbox ? ;)

• This information will only improve there sales so its not only good for us the users but also for the sellers.
    The boxes that do well are not just the best quality boxes but the ones most widely supported whether this is through
    indipendant developers or the manufactures themself.
    So good job alibaba1802 keep giving them the feedback

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!