Twin sat tuner with PVR - help?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 750 times. The last Post () by world-of-satellite.co.uk.

• Hi all,

Recently joined the forums and been reading a fair bit, but I'm really unsure exactly what I need to get. Basically, I'm ditching $ky, but intend to utilize the dish for Freesat, have been looking at some of the Humax freesat PVR's, but for the same money (or even less) it seems I could get a E2 box that can do the same thing and maybe more...

I want twin S2 tuners, internal HDD for PVR functionality and something that once setup and configured will be stable and reliable. Everyone seems to rave about the Vu+ Solo2, but I've been drawn towards the Xtrend ET7500, as I can swap one of the tuners out if I decide to go Freeview instead of Freesat in the future.

Is there are any other/better recommendations?

In ET7500 vs Solo2 is it just CPU performance, or am i missing something else from the specs?

Edited once, last by bedrock: spelling ().

• Both are very good but the xtrend has the option of swapping out a tuner.
    That said, the solo2 can accommodate a usb dvb-t tuner for freeview (as probably the xtrend will also), has a bit more spec over the xtrend (ram, gigabit ethernet port etc..)
    It's all down to budget at the end of the day as both receivers will get you to where you want to be.
    Support/image wise though, the solo2 has the edge.

• You won't go wrong with either of the units mentioned. Just have to point out though, ET7500 does have a lot of support too, OpenViX, OpenATV, OpenPLi, OpenXTA and more..

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!