OSCAM issue (glitching/freezing).

• OK i've finally found an issue that I can't work out from searching/reading even though it's been covered in depth on this forum so am going to have to ask for help :(

Background: I have a working Solo2 running mgcamd on ViX from the same source/dish. I've literally removed the feed from the Solo2 and connected it to the 4K. I've set-up OSCam on the Solo 4K and it works, however I get regular issues with glitching/freezing. I can mitigate this by adding a second source (xxx and zzz). Connection is wired and essentially idle - same issue if I got to wifi. I was running ViX but after getting nowhere I tried MasterG's OpenBH 3.02 backup as it included MGcamd, unfortunately that gave similar issues. Switching back to OSCam I tried an alternative source and this improved things slightly (may be placebo), both test fine on the Solo2, but neither source functions as expected on it's own. I've also tried this on another dish/LNB and tried pushing the priority up using the NICE flag in global and enabled LB. I'm sure it's something glaringly obvious, I just can't work out what. SNR on the chan's is 99% so it's not looking like a signal issue - I even installed another larger dish/LNB with uprated cable just to be sure.

Configs below:

OSCam.Server

OSCam.user

[account]
    description = dvbapi
    user = linuxsatsupport
    group = 1

Oscam.Conf

Example log section:

Reader Stats:

xxx OK 52 (82.54 %) NOK 11 (17.46 %) TOUT 0 (0.00 %)
    zzz OK 35 (77.78 %) NOK 10 (22.22 %) TOUT 0 (0.00 %)

Although the log file suggests an issue with xxx and zzz, it's exactly the same with zzz in isolation or with zzz given priority via lb_weight. They check out on the Solo2/MGCamd, but i've removed all the other variables so i'm starting to have my doubts?

Any help greatly appreciated before this claims what little hair and sanity I have left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update: The issue appears to be in the remote config of xxx and yyy, i've been working on the problem from the wrong end.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!