Installation Probelm

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 654 times. The last Post () by jcll.

• I bought a 80cm dish with quad lnb with a dark motor arm, Am using a t&k bracket with 1 1/2 inch steel pole, the dish is mounted between the T&K. Im using my horzion satellite meter to check the signal level. i have 0.0 on the motorized arm, i have set my dish to 0.8 thor, i can receive all the satellite on the arc but not 39e and 42e but if i move the dish elevation down i hit it, then i move the dish west i start missing satellites from 23e onwards. need help

• Maybe this will help

What shamonemf has posted is the HOLY GRAIL of motorised satellite installations !

rocket1001

IMO the easiest way to set up a motorised and the most accurate is by usuals ! set the usuals in your box ! you can find longitude/latitude for your address by postcode with google !

put your dish on the motor ! Correctly centered ! then,whilst holding the motor in your hands with the dish attached drive it to 28.2e !
    Now attach motor to pole ! And by swiveling motor left and right + dish up and down you can align it to 28.2e ! tighten everything up slowly and accurately and test the arc !
    Unless summit is miles out you'll be spot on ! Always ensure your pole is plumb and the rest is a doddle ! especially wiv a meter !:misdoubt:

stay cool

:rikjaard1:

ensure you have set the motors latutude coreectly M8

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Hi rockett 1001 i had the same problem as you when setting up i could get all sats just not 39e in the end i noticed there was a few millimeters diffrence between the thin line on the motor arm and the arrow on top of the arm i recenterd the dish to the arrow and not the thin line a problem sorted always start on 0.8 west bbc word news get the maximum signal there and all should be fine bud make sure your lat and long are correctly set in the reciver good luck m8

• You could try changing your usals (longitude)
    My usals are long 2.083 west and lat 53.398 north if I enter these in my vu duo
    it does not find all sats so I think my dish has probably moved a little in bad weather
    The motor was overshooting the satellites I have changed my longitude from 2.083 west to
    0.500 west now all is perfect with excellent signals on all sats
    definitely worth a try saves getting the ladder out
    Regards
    jcll

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!