Unofficial dream elite V.133DV3 discussion

There are 87 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 16,373 times. The last Post () by reddevil157.

• It's the same on the 800 as is on the 500, so I would assume it's the tv ( piece o crap anyway ), new one 2moro. I'll leave ye alone for now lol.
    Great forum by the way, ppl ready to help at a minutes notice, a credit to ye all. Thank's to ddaddy, Ten, and DaiC1.

• Just wondering ppl, I d/loaded cccam 2.1.4 full, this wouldn't be the reason why I'm having trouble connecting my box to the net ? shot in the dark.

• Why 2.1.4 latest is 2.2.1, does the box pass test in coms setup

Yeah it passes. I was using 2.1.4 on my 500 is the only reason I used it, but now I'm thinking this is why I'm getting " connection failed " all the time, I don't want to mess with it too much, cause I know feck all about the 800, I think I should install 2.2.1 and give it a crack, what ye reckon ?

• Right ppl, I'm still messing around with this image, was gonna tri Open pli cause I still can't connect to the net with this image. But, I used the d/l Ten posted, "Tunisiasat d/l manager" and it works fine, also, I've got Rytec epg working on a 2gb usb stick, so please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this all I need, I mean no need to change images, cause it is a cool image ?. I was planning on adding an old lappy hdd, it's only 60gb, just for the odd movie, but have been told it makes the dm run hotter?. What is the swap file mainly used for as I see some ppl use it for epg ?.
    Sorry for all the ?s, but I'm sure the answers will help me and other ppl understand better. Thanks again guy's.
    Red.

• Official Post

Its a personal choice what image is right for you.The best advice i can give you is to try as many as possible and make your own mind up.
    I do not find any reason for using the swapfile as in the few monts ive had a dm800 have tried many images & plugins and the box performed just as well with or without it. You can use your usb stick to store data without creating a swapfile.
    The overheating issues were a problem with early clone versions, if you are worried about this have a look at usb cooling fans.
    Please keep us updated on your thoughts on the different images you try, as you said it helps others understand better.

• Tanx for the replies guy's. That's one more thing I don't have to mess with then. My box is a little warm but no worse than my 500 was and I'm assuming because it has the rev M tuner it's a newer model and there for no need to worry bout it getting too hot either. I wont worry bout a new image for a while yet, but when I do, will post back. Also will send my m8's over here, the site's a credit to admin and mods !!
    Red.

• Hey guy's, don't wanna be starting threads everywhere, so as it's same image and box, here.

Had a power cut today when I was out, I always leave my box in standby mode and on a fta channel when I'm not using it. When the power came back, I turned on the box, waited the 30 ish seconds, the box powered up with a grinding noise that frightened the shite outta me, then it stopped, went through the usual boot process and it took about another 1-2 mins after that for the picture to come on. To say I was worried is an understatement. I can only assume the noise was the fan. Anyway, just to forewarn ppl should they have a power cut. Mods please move if it's not relevant here.
    Red

• I would be tempted to open it up and check the fan is still intact & working mate.

It's still intact and working Ten, doesn't seem to be anything obstructing it either, but still noisey on start up, think I'll try a new fan, or leave it on 24/7....does anybody do this ?

• You should leave it plugged in 24/7, but on standby when not in use. This way your server will still run.
    Do you have a Hard Drive installed? It could be that making the noise?

• No m8, no hdd drive installed yet,( how to ? ) opened it today and it's deffo the fan, I always do leave it on standby, it's just since the power cut yesterday, so the fan runs constantly even in standby ?. Was a little worried leaving it on with that noise, but once it's running a while it seems not too bad, anyway will pick up a new fan somewhere soon and replace.
    Red

• Back again guy's lol. Stuck an old 60gb hdd in the 800 and I can see it in hard drive settings but it wont initialize for me, say's unable to mount hdd. Now I've seen a thread by daveangel but don't understand it. Do I have to take ths hdd back out and format it with my pc ?. I use a usb for EPG and it worked no problem.

• I had to take it back out and, {windows xp only} create a extended drive {do not partition}.

This option not available in win 7.

Took me an age to work out what was wrong.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!