New H265/HEVC receivers for SLY change

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 686 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• I purchased a Zgemma H2S the other day but I now got told that sly are looking to change there streams to only h265/hevc rendering all h264 boxes useless. I have also seen new Zgemma H5.2S coming out that supports h265/hevc which i'm led to believe is for high compression mostly used for 4K streaming on lower bandwidth.

So the question is if sly changed the streams to just H265/Hevc would this stop my H264 box from picking up any channels as if so I'm going to send this box back and get the H5.2S instead.

• Official Post

I purchased a Zgemma H2S the other day but I now got told that sly are looking to change there streams to only h265/hevc rendering all h264 boxes useless. I have also seen new Zgemma H5.2S coming out that supports h265/hevc which i'm led to believe is for high compression mostly used for 4K streaming on lower bandwidth.

So the question is if sly changed the streams to just H265/Hevc would this stop my H264 box from picking up any channels as if so I'm going to send this box back and get the H5.2S instead.

No because it would render all older sly boxes useless and cost sly millions in new hardware.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!