Solo 4k vs Mutant HD51

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,263 times. The last Post () by gap30.

• As a owner of a solo 4k I was wondering if any of these new receivers like the mutant hd51 are as fast as the solo 4k. Solo 4k has 1500mhz and mutant has 1700mhz but from what I can read the solo may have the better chip. Has any one tested them against each other??. The mutant is far cheaper than the solo 4k.

Edited once, last by kegnkiwi ().

• Official Post

I`ve tested both with OpenViX and the HD51 is faster at booting and restarting GUI. It boots in 28 seconds, solo4k takes 58 seconds. Restarts GUI in 3 seconds, solo4k takes 20 seconds.

Everything i`ve tried on both is instant, like plugins, EPG, etc, no lag or freezing whatsoever..

You are paying extra on the solo4k for the FBC Twin tuners (mutant comes with a single tuner), Mini TV, wifi, extra card reader, Plug & Play drive caddy..

I prefer the solo4k, it looks better, has more image support and Kodi.. The Mutant looks cheap and the remote control is terrible.

• The remote truly is terrible

• I think for the forseeable future with having the FBC tuners which gives it (SkyQ) multi-tuner compatibility and so called HDR capable (Still waiting on Vu+ to Update the Drivers). The Solo4k is still the one to beat but for £200 the Mutant is not to be sniffed at

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!