Lost sky movies and some sports channels debian server with smargo card reader

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,900 times. The last Post () by del_piero_3.

• Official Post

Automated Oscam Install Package For Debian

Update oscam to latest version with this -> Tutorial: Updating Oscam to latest SVN - Ubuntu & debian with Simplebuild

FTP Oscam configs to folder /usr/local/ect

0963 configs are for white card. 0960 configs are for red card..

To get the device for smargo type lsusb in telnet / putty and press enter. You will get an output like this:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

Change the device in oscam.server to this:

Code
    device = [COLOR='#FF0000']001:005[/COLOR]
  • I'v managed to trash my server using the script in the link so I've rebuilt a debian 8 x86.

1. Automated Oscam Install Package For Debian
    The problem am facing is that oscam doesnt auto start, I have to manually run it using the command

2. Update oscam to latest version with this -> Tutorial: Updating Oscam to latest SVN - Ubuntu & debian with Simplebuild
    There are five sections in this tutorial and I've completed the first 3, I think the other two are not required?
    Section 1: Installing Simplebuild
    Section 2: Using Simplebuild to compile OScam
    Section 3: Replacing old oscam with newly compiled oscam
    Section 4 [NEW]: Compiling oscam with Modern Webif
    Section 5 [W.I.P]: Adding toolchains & compiling oscam for other devices

3. FTP Oscam 0963 configs to folder /usr/local/ect
    Files copied across to location, renamed the existing ones to .old extension.

4. Update device value in oscam.server - device = 004:002

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

However my smargo and card arnt being read, am sure theres more settings to change.

Also can I use my backup of CCcam.cfg, CCcam.channelinfo, CCcam.prio, CCcam.providers

• Is oscam reading your card (should see this in the live log, entitlements etc.)

If not,

On this screen when compiling oscam, did you select support for usb device (your smargo reader)?

As far as oscam failing to start, have a look in /etc/rc.local to see if oscam is set to start ,should look something like "/usr/local/bin/oscam -b" or "/bin/oscam start" , something along those lines I think but not too familiar with debian to be honest.

• Yes I selected USB option, compiled it few times now. I've also upgraded to modern webif.

Live Logs

- - - Updated - - -

When I run the following command I get errors

root@debian8:~# /emu/oscam/oscam &

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited the oscam path in the /etc/rc.local but still oscam not auto starting, cccam auto starts:

/bin/cccam start &
    /emu/oscam/oscam start &
    /emu/script/oscript.sh start &
    /emu/script/runonce.sh &
    exit 0

However the oscam gui starts working if I manually run /etc/./rc.local

• Thank you MasterG for the following: smargopatch = 1

Without it Oscam kept dying.

Anyway ive ditched Debian and moved onto Ubuntu. A very special thanks to Codar with his help on installing Ubuntu oscam server with smargo reader. He saved me lot time and hassle.

However, my sly movies and sports arnt still clearing due to me having the white card paired with a hd box. Am waiting for sd box to arrive before I can test things.

I will update on the result.

• Update, I've used the online facility to pair the white card to sd box (initially was paired to hd box) and now the movies and sports are clearing on ubuntu oscam server.

Just remember sd box has 10 digit serial whereas hd is 11, so therefore when pairing card to sd, add an extra zero at the beginning. There is no need to enter boxid in the oscam.conf.

Once again, thanks to Codar for his help, top guy.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!