New Via*** card is Oscam the right reader?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,143 times. The last Post () by Kelly_DK.

• Hi there. Just got a new card for V***** Nordic and paired it to the original SD tuner.
    Got the boxkey, removed the last digit and the 0 in front and converted it to a hex number.

Now to understand it correctly, the new card can only be read by Oscam or can Cccam still do the trick?
    Do I have to use OScam to read my new card in my Vu+ box? I have the options to use either internal card reader or a smargo USB reader.
    What config files are used to get it right.

If I want to setup a client in my bedroom is it still OScam or can Cccam read to the OScam or ??
    I see 3 types of config files, Oscam.conf, Oscam.user and Oscam.server, what to be used and how?

Hope someone can explain it as I can't see the logic in the 3 files...sry :)

Kelly

• Only oscam works, CCcam is outdated but you can use this on your Client.

Which image is in use? Black Hole?
    Internal reader works just fine.

test these:
    oscam.server:

oscam.conf:

Oscam.user

• Hi again...thx for the speedy reply. Its VTI image that I am using.
    Do I only use Oscam, both on the reader side and on the client side? and how does the client side (bedroom) look like?
    Or do I setup an account on the reader side in oscam that Cccam (N:line) distributes to the client (bedroom) or ???
    Sry for not quite getting it...

• Hope someone can help out here.
    If I have to use Oscam as reader and local server, how would the reader side look like, and also the server side?
    After that I need to know how my bedroom client has to look like in the 3 config files to get it all working.

Thx, Kelly

• Reader should be as I previously posted.
    It is right to take away # as you say in front of your boxid like this:
    boxid = xxxxxxxx
    it does not matter what type of protocol you use for your Client.
    But server is set up to use CCcam.
    Client files may be such that this:

oscam.user:
    [account]
    user = dvb-api
    group = 1
    au = 1

Edited once, last by hacked ().

• Ok...so I think I am starting to get the hang of it. So as for the reader part, the main configurations is as oscam.server and oscam.conf. When it comes to the user part it is mainly the oscam.user part that has to be edited. Where can I see the settings on the server part, that you have set it to Cccam? Is that the section in oscam.conf?
    Like this?:
    [cccam]
    port = 12000
    And if I want to use the Oscam protocol, I just change Cccam to Oscam and keep the port settings as I normally use right?
    Hope I am making sense :)
    BTW - Thx for all your help!

- - - Updated - - -

One small thing for the reader part...what about CAID?
    Can't seem to find this in any of the conf files...do I need it?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!