Letter from sky today

There are 72 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,141 times. The last Post () by deerhunter290378.

• A different question on this. If you have sky q do you still get the red card and can you switch and swap between sky box and dreambox ?

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by alom ().

• Received the letter last week. I've only been a customer for just under three years so my original setup was with a hardware paired HD+ Box (Amstrad), I then cancelled my HD subs and purchased an old Thompson HD box and repaired to that. Earlier this year I cancelled completely but went back to them after being offered a deal. However the card wasn't clearing in my VU+ so I tried to re-pair with a pace SD box which still didn't help, it only cleared after moving to OSCAM. I assume that currently on their system I only appear to have an SD box even though the other HD boxes have both been registered at various points in time. Sounds like I'm going to end up with a third HD box that I'm not going to use?

In terms of setting up a multi room using one of their boxes, I've been considering splitting the HDMI output and buying a DVB-T2 modulator and distributing the signal around the house, whilst using a mobile phone as the remote. I think you may also be able to achieve this using an Extrend 10000 which has an HDMI input but both of these are quite expensive solutions. I've also been looking at setting up Sky Go on an Android TV device in the second room but I've yet to see a working example so far.

• OK The plot thickens for me :

My card paired with the thomson box (re-paired with it after the other box got hardware paired via sky chat help) has entitlements to 19-jan! , the other multiroom card (paired to amstrad DRX890C box on pre hardware pairing software) has entitlements to 30/12? So what box are they asking me to swap??? Bit stuck as it seems possibly they want me to swap the DRX890C for the samsung they sent????

• Would think they want you to swap the thompson hd one but if your other card isn't updated at this stage to jan of next year and your running it under oscam, you've either missed the update and/or have a problem with your configs/setup.

• deffo not a config issue as the same config is updating the other , thats why i'm puzzled, think ill hang on and see if its just a missed update! Just seems a bit coincidental! If the tomson card has entitlements passed the date then im reluctant to change it over yet!

Oh and just to add the box they sent is the older large thomson size one (samsung) with all the same outputs etc as the thomson (minus Component) so u cant even really moan it cant be connected and use SD box really!

OK Entitlements updated so swap the thompson one, just trying to work an excuse as to using the sd box not the replacement

• I ordered box office yesterday, but as of yet still don't have the entitlements added.... Even though the entitlements are up to date into jan.

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk

• So what happens if i only have unique emm's enabled and i do the pairing with the new HD box but dont put the card in the actual box and leave in oscam? will the entitlements just keep on coming based on the serial? iv tried a SD box but it wont pair online so only other option is a phonecall to the call center?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!