Oscam server frezing problems

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 928 times. The last Post () by lacierva.

• I run a small oscam server (7 peers) on my Vu Duo2 with latest Blackhole image and Sky Uk Freeview card with BT Sports (0960). Everything has been fine until the last few days. My peers are complaining of high ecms. I also get a lot of freezing when watching sky channels from one of my peers. I`ve tried all sorts of ways to get this sorted but I really don`t know what I`m doing. The only thing that stops the freezing at my end is when I change the group number from being the same on both servers and clients. But then it looks like my peers are offline, not sure if they are. I`ve posted below edited sections of my cfgs, if someone would be kind enough to see what I`m missing:

Oscam config:

[global]
    nice = -1
    logfile = /var/log/oscam.log
    clienttimeout = 5000
    fallbacktimeout = 2500
    clientmaxidle = 120
    cachedelay = 120
    bindwait = 120
    resolvedelay = 30
    serialreadertimeout = 1500
    maxlogsize = 10
    waitforcards = 1
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1
    keepalive = 1

[dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    user = *******
    boxtype = dreambox
    au = 1

[newcamd]
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    port = 10000@0963:000000;10001@0500:043800

[cccam]
    port = *****
    version = 2.2.1
    build = 3165
    reshare = 1

[webif]
    httpport = ****
    httpuser = *******
    httppwd = *******
    httprefresh = 15
    httpallowed = 192.168.1.1 - 255.255.255.255

Oscam user:

[account]
    user = *******
    pwd = *******
    hostname = 127.0.0.1
    uniq = 1
    au = 1
    group = 1,2,3,4,6,10,11,12

[account]
    user = *******
    pwd = **********
    hostname = ********.*****.org
    group = 1
    cccmaxhops = 2
    cccreshare = 0

[account]
    user = *********
    pwd = *********
    hostname = *******.*****.org
    group = 1
    cccmaxhops = 2
    cccreshare = 0

Oscam server:

[reader]
    label = SKYUK
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci1
    caid = 0960
    boxid = ********
    detect = cd
    mhz = 450
    cardmhz = 2700
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2,0
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    saveemm-u = 1
    saveemm-s = 1

[reader]
    label = *********.*****.org
    protocol = cccam
    device = *********.*****.org,*****
    user = ********
    password = **********
    inactivitytimeout = 30
    group = 1
    cccversion = 2.2.1
    cccmaxhops = 2
    ccckeepalive = 1

[reader]
    label = ********.*****.org
    protocol = cccam
    device = ********.d*****.org,*****
    user = ********
    password = *******
    inactivitytimeout = 30
    group = 1
    cccversion = 2.2.1
    cccmaxhops = 2
    ccckeepalive = 1

Thanx for any help given.
    bo.

- - - Updated - - -

I`m pretty sure my problems are because of the group numbers I have for the servers and users. I don`t understand what is the correct number I`m supposed to give each reader/account. I`ve been at this for days, reading everything I can, but there is no one way to do it. All the info I find just changes from other info I find.

bo.

• Well I`ve now managed to make my server unwatchable. I don`t have any issues with my local card, I can watch the channels it clears without any freezing. But I have big freezing problems when I watch channels my peers give me. It switches between cache1( I don`t know if I can disable this option) to all my peers who have these channels. I believe if I`m having issues then so are my peers from me.

bo.

- - - Updated - - -

I`ve studied the oscam wiki page all day and it hasn`t helped at all. I`ve made all the adjustments(if any) to the required fields and there is no difference. All I know is, when I enable the users/clients in oscam the glitching/freezing starts. I`ve tried enabling them 1 by 1 to see if it`s anyone client in particular that`s causing it but it doesn`t matter who I enable/disable.

bo.

• bo give each reader in server file a different group number, ie 1 then 2 then 3 so on
    you cant give them all group1
    your main reader that is your card is group1 as you got it, now give all other readers different numbers 2,3,4 so on
    in user file you can then manage what cards you give to each connected 1,2,3, for example
    hope this makes sense

• Thanx lacierva. I was contemplating doing that after reading the wiki and trying to work out what the group numbers mean. I think I`m right in thinking ,if all my users/clients have the same group number assigned to them, then they`ll overload the reader that has that group number causing freezing? Anyway I have done as you say and already there is a difference at my end, I just hope my clients /peers are seeing the benefit.

Thanx bud.

bo.

• give all your clients 1 in user, this will be your card ,
    you can then add to that 1,2,3,4, and so on, this will be the hops of other peers yo got, just give them all 1 for now and make sure they all watching your card ok,
    after if you do add shares to users remember to add the coma in between numbers 1,2, ets and always restart cam so changes take affect

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!