is a 60cm dish good enough

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,119 times. The last Post () by cosy.

• hello lads
    i,m putting a static 60cm dish on 28e up for my brother in law and was going to run another Lnb for 16e and was just wondering will he get enough signal from that size of dish? he does not want an 80cm as its on the front of their house, just thought id ask before going up and down ladder a dozen times.

if it is good enough would i be better running the 28e off a switch and the 16e direct as its only a twin tuner
    (does using a switch dull the signal)
    monki

• If you mean the 2 satellites from one dish then an 80cm would be preferable for 16° east, you would then have a 12° span from 16 east as your main focus point and 28.2 as the offset.

Personally a 60cm maybe pushing it for both but you could always try

• cheers for the quick answers lads, ive got an 80cm and pick it up easily, but mines at the back of the house so its not unsightly.

while were on the subject, my 80cm dish is motorised but use 16e and 13e from it when its parked at 28e in the man cave, now my signal is booming on 16e no probs whatsoever but i think 13e is just on the fringe of the signal as i get low signal strength and alot of tuned failed. what sort of gains would i get if i swapped my dish to a 1m i know it would be better but would it still be on the fringe of getting a good signal? just wondering if it would be worth swapping it

• If your 80cm is motorised then you should get good signal quality from all the major satellites obviously dependant on whether your dish is near 100% perfectly aligned or not, a 1m will get you all the fringe stuff from 4.8,26 east as well as 4,7,8 west and many others.

I have a cheap 80cm here prime focus on 19.2 east which also gets me 13,23 and 28 east multi LNB setup no problem

• nice one digi cheers pal, when im in other room and the wifes watching tv i cannot move the dish but if a 1m cures that then thats the one for me, to be honest i cannot be bothered to move the dish anyway what a pain that is waiting 5 seconds when your channel hopping
    thanks again

monki

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!