Help needed to set up diseq system on s11

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 796 times. The last Post () by abdul.jabbar.

• Hi,
    Tommorrow i will try to help a friend set up his diseq motorised system using the s11 box
    Currently he has it set up on dm500s box so the dish/diseq are set..

Any have an idiot step by step guide.

using his current dm500s does he need to get to 1 west than disconnect dm500
    connect the openbox.. set lon/latitde first before doing anything else..

As you can see not much idea so detailed decription would be appretiated..

As an example my post code gives...
    latitude... 51.653496
    longitude... -0.406716

How do i enter this information

• Setting up a multi satellite system, click Menu -> Installation -> Antenna and Satellite Quick Setting if your going to use the USALS motor setup the Longatude and Latitude options and click Set Motor as USALS on all Satellites then exit.
    If you are using the DisEqC1.2 motor, then all you need to do is ignore the longatude and latitude options and simply click on Set Motor as DisEqC1.2 on all Satellites then exit.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quick Tip,
    To move to a stored and activated satellite directly, just click the Zoom button, this will then display a list of all the satellites that you have stored and enabled, and then simply select the satellite you wish the dish to move to.

On a number of channels you can also remove the subtitles, simply by clicking the 'Subtitle' button and clicking Off, this will only work on channels that are broadcasting subtitles as an option, and not on channels that are broadcasting subtites by default, so if you get the message 'No Data' when clicking the 'Subtitle' button, that means the subtitles are being broadcast by default.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    While still in the Installation menu select Satellite List and select each satellite you wish to access, the selection is not a full list but if you wish to add any satellite that is not in the list simply cick the green button to add another satellite.
    Once you have setup you list of satellites, you will now need to scan them for channels, to do this you goto Menu -> Installation -> Antenna Setup and then using one of the < > arrow keys select the satellite you wish to scan from the list, once selected you will need to set the Lnb Frequency the default is universal so skip that unless you not using a universal Lnb, now set the Transponder it would be wise to set this to an active transponder and one you know you are capable of receiving, then you are setup on the satellite you will see the signal and quality levals.

Now scroll down to Motor type if it is not already set and select your motor type, now click on Motor setting and click Possition Setting the Satellite and Transponder should be as set previously, all you need to do now is set the position number to save the satellite to, for example you could save Astra 19.2east as position 1 -> Eutelsat W2 16east position 2 -> Hotbird 13east position 3 and so on ... now if you dish is not pointing at the satellite you wish to scan simply press eith the west or east button to move your dish to the correct co-ordinates, keeping an eye on the signal and quality bars, once you start to see the signal increase start making small movements untill you get the best possable signal, then click Save.

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• Thanks for the detailed reply mate..
    I found using the actuator type motor this box was pretty useless . It worked but my dm500s was better and more acurate.. The signal bar on s11 is not very acurate so difficult to set motor.. I need many resets..

Now this was for a friend with diseq.. I will pass this to him but i think he may use the other box for the motor..

The s11 seems good for a fixed setup in a spare room but no for motorised setup...
    But i will try again and see how i get on

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!