Advice on which box to buy

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,270 times. The last Post () by master G.

• I have been using a Zgemma H2H for a year or so and I have been quite happy with it but I would now like something a bit better. I have £300 - £400 budget. I was thinking of maybe the VU+ Duo 2 with twin DVB-S and single DVB-C tuner and a fitted HDD. I have become familiar with OpenATV and was thinking of sticking with that. I would really appreciate some advice before spending a fair bit of money. Would this combination of box and image be OK or would you suggest something completely different?

• The duo2 is a good choice bud... The VU brand is very well supported by all the image makers, you should try all the images out before sticking to one. If the spec of the box meets all your requirements and your happy to spend what you have in your budget then the Duo2 is a good choice.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Official Post

Thanks for the response. Can I ask why you suggest a USB tuner and not an additional fixed one? Would you mind expressing an opinion on your preferred image and briefly why?

Was thinking ahead, if you needed to upgrade again, the usb tuner could be used on any other make & model, where the fixed tuner can only be used on VUPlus receivers..

I don`t have a prefered image, they are all as good as each other imo.. I always say try them all to find whats best for you..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!