TVHeadend, Oscam and multiple receivers

• I am trying to set up TVHeadend (4.1-2131~g3e3cad1) and Oscam (1.20-unstable_svn Build: r11248) to run with three DVB-S receivers at once.
    For testing purposes, a friend has given me 3 nLines so I can create three readers in Oscam.
    What I want to do is to use three receivers and get the setup to use all three nLines, which I am having difficulty with.

My first idea was to tie each receiver to one of the nLines, so the nLine used as a reader would depend on the receiver used by TVHeadend. I see, however, I cannot do this: I can apparently only create one connection between TVHeadend and Oscam, and Oscam will just use the first and best available receiver with no checks. This results in one of the nLines being used most of the times even when streaming three channels at once and the other two nLines being ignored most of the times.

My second idea was then to set up Oscam so it used the three available readers in an "orderly fashion", but I can't seem to get any control over which reader is picked for a playback, and I find myself in the original problem that one of the readers is being used almost all the time, no matter how I set things up.

Any idea how I can get this to work? Any of the above-mentioned scenarios would be fine with me. I would be very thankful if someone could point me to the right how-to or documentation. I have tried to decipher the official Oscam docs but, honestly, I'm not getting much out of that.

Many thanks!

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!