Ready to buy my 1st box!!

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,289 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Hey lads.

I am all new to this, basically what I am looking for is something to replace sky tv with but I want to be able to get all the latest movies, tv shows and all the sport channels and to be able to record as well as watching a different channel while recording, rewind and pause.

This box has been recommended to me Edision™ OS Mini (DVB-S2 Twin Tuner) but from what I have seen in a youtube video it doesnt come with the Sky look or have all the latest movies and so on, it just seems to come with the free to air channels.

I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction on how I get all my requirements onto the box. Bare in mind this will be my 1st time doing this so take it easy on me :14_002:

Btw, I hope I'm posting this in the right section, appolgies if not :)

• newspapers can replace skytv apart from that you will need a sub :P

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• I understand I need a sub but just looking for advice on setting everything up before I buy the box.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay great, what will you be sharing if you do not have any subscriptions ?? After all this is a card share hobby ??

Sorry, I am new here and just going about getting my 1st box so basically I know little to none about the boxes.

• Official Post

Depending on your budget of course will depend on what choice of receiver's are an option to you, the site sponsor who you can find here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/ has a great selection of receiver's to suit all budgets

I personally am a fan of the VU brand receivers which run enigma 2 as an operating system, they start at £99 for the VU Zero which is a pretty basic single tuner receiver but great as a starter receiver, you can see the VU receiver's here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU?sort=p.price&order=ASC

They have plenty of other brand's too, of course if you wish to watch and record more than one channel then consider opting for something with a dual receiver

Good luck in your search

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!