problem with oscam to cccam

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,508 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• hi all been told to post my configs here for you to solve me problems

the problems im having is peers are saying well in particular cant clear boxnation but others can
    having problems with oscam stopping by itself andf having to restart is manually
    the biggest problem is peers are always emailing me saying im offline when im not server is on 24/7
    peers say my uptime is only 11% instead of 100% how can this be when im on 24/7

my server is a pc with ubuntu 10.4 lts on 200 gig harddrive and 2 meg memory
    running bethere broadband 8 meg 1.2 upload and ping 32
    im so confused as to why its doing this could it be the oscam version im using or my configs please
    help me

• the boxnation problem is probably nothing to do with your setup but probably more to do with the fact that your peers might need to block out other peers to get boxnation.

The config files are very limited - it does help to post details of how your user accounts are set up etc, which is ok so long as you xxx out the passwrds ports and dns addresses.

Also rather than posting files, copy and paste the contents directly in the chat and wrap with a code tag

for example:

Code
    example of
    text
    wrapped in code

code tag is the '#' (hash) on the second line of tools, - to use this just highlight each config file and press the '#'

Not might not even be the configuration, it could be a hardware problem. Sometimes there could be some powersaving issues, or network issues causing it to stop working.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Did u know that Bethere have been suffering with packet loss issues over the last few weeks?? probably not the cause of your problems but just a heads up, i'm going to BTinfinity soon.

ISP Be admits crippling iPlayer demand burst its pipes ? The Register

• you might be bloody right here mate this has only started since i put server on bethere i have 2 lines in house virgin asdl on line 1 and bethere on line 2 since i put server on line 2 ive been having complaints.

THANKYOU TO COMING TO THIS FANTASTIC SITE AND POSTING YOUR COMMENTS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR US ALL TO USE LONG LIVE THIS SITE

• Agree with ppdon re possible network issues - My isp had me on the wrong profile for months a while back and kept getting dropouts. Also some routers can connect you using the wrong ADSL line mode. Are you connected to your peers during this downtime i.e. is it just the server part that is failing?

• update on my server the problem im getting ive just came in from work and i notice that oscam has been 9 hours uptime but cccam has only been uptime of 1 hr so is it cccam that the problem is

THANKYOU TO COMING TO THIS FANTASTIC SITE AND POSTING YOUR COMMENTS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR US ALL TO USE LONG LIVE THIS SITE

• it has just done it again cccam has just stopped and started again could this me the computer tower im using at fault

• Still not sure how you have it set up. I gather that you have Oscam and CCcam on the same computer 'cause you are using localhost ip address. Is your server listen port different to the newcamd port? (it needs to be different and you only need the server listen port open on your router) - When you say CCcam isn't working, in what way? can you browse the internet on the same network when your server is down? Can you access the webif? Does it go off and start up again on it's own accord?

If you are only using Oscam to send cards to CCcam then it wouldn't be relying on any external network connection so it wouldn't be appearing to have a problem as such, however CCcam is your server so it would.

• Still not sure how you have it set up. I gather that you have Oscam and CCcam on the same computer 'cause you are using localhost ip address. Is your server listen port different to the newcamd port? (it needs to be different and you only need the server listen port open on your router) - When you say CCcam isn't working, in what way? can you browse the internet on the same network when your server is down? Can you access the webif? Does it go off and start up again on it's own accord?

If you are only using Oscam to send cards to CCcam then it wouldn't be relying on any external network connection so it wouldn't be appearing to have a problem as such, however CCcam is your server so it would.

the problem thats happening is cccam is rebooting itself every 30 mins oscam as the reader is really stable but cccam keeps rebooting itself some how

• It isn't anything I have seen before - quick search comes up with others that have had issues with CCcam rebooting and could be to do with a script checking for crashes - not sure myself but at least the issue has been narrowed down.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!