Help for newbie configuring Oscam

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,001 times. The last Post () by master G.

• This is my first post, so please be gentle with me! Admin please feel free to move it if it is not in the right place.

I have just bought a VU+ Solo4k and have it up and running fine. I am using a Macbook Pro and iDreamX to communicate with the VU+ and have enabled streaming TV from the STB to the Macbook.

I installed Oscam yesterday via the linux portal on the VU+. I have it activated and can see it in extensions but I cannot find out how to configure (i.e. enter urls/connection codes) using iDreamX on a Macbook. If someone can point me in the right direction when using a Mac, I would be grateful.

• If you downloaded oscam from the VIX feeds bud then there will be no config files in the tuxbox folder.....

You can find ready made configs here for most cards... Forum: Oscam Configs

I think you can use a version of filezilla on the mac system... this will allow you to FTP files over to your box. You need to navigate to var/tuxbox/config then in here you ftp over your oscam conf/user/readers files.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Thanks mckee25. I have learned how to make a CCcam.cfg file and uploaded it to the VU+ with iDreamX and restarted.

It looks like Oscam is not reading the new .cfg file. Have you any idea how I can get Oscam to link to the .cfg file I uploaded?

I just noticed that Oscam config files have their own name: oscam.conf

In that case was it a mistake to upload a CCcam.cfg file and should I actually paste the contents into the oscam.conf file?

Are the #C: C: lines in CCcam.cfg files written in the same text format for Oscam.conf files?

Edited 2 times, last by HughR ().

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!