Can anyone help with an old Dreambox800??

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 811 times. The last Post () by alimac.

• Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone can help. Just took my dreambox800HD out of storage after 3 years (was a couple of years old when i put it in) and tried to flash a new image. All images initially come up a purple colour on screen then the box goes off and the red light just flashes and nowt happens. It's Sim 2.01, SSL84 Clone. I've tried going back and flashing images from around 2011/2012 but get the same thing happening. Can anyone help?

• Good morning to you too! Yeah it's ssl 84 boot loader. I'm trying to flash via browser. I notice that every image screen initially comes on in a purple colour before going off again. I did have a working image, but didn't back it up :o(

Oh it's a Clone

• Connection seems good. The power supply plug does spark a little when inserted into the rear of the box so might be that.

Is it time to go with a more modern box or can this one be saved?

It used to be a great box - when it worked - but a pain in the A when it didn't ...

- - - Updated - - -

All the images i've tried seem to be correct image - not sure why they won't load

- - - Updated - - -

Hang on, swapped power supply and colour is good / seems to be booting - just waiting for it now

- - - Updated - - -

Yep - brilliant - thanks ever so muc - i never would have thought of the power supply!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!