£200 maximum budget any advice please

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,849 times. The last Post () by car123.

• I am looking for a wife friendly box, which needs to be:
    1. Easy to navigate 2 Easy to set recordings and series link 3 Be able to record at least one channel while watching another, also full kodi would be nice but not essential. It needs to have good support,ie not abandoned when the next new model in the range appears. I have a list of 5 boxes that I have seen but am open to extra suggestions, the ones I have been looking at are Dreambox DM7020 HD V2 2x DVB-S2 ,
    VU+ Solo 2 Twin Tuner DVB-S2, GiGaBlue HD ULTRA UE 2X DVB-S/S2, Xtrend ET8500 2x DVB-S2 and finally the Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO any help and advice appreciated.

• Official Post

GiGaBlue & Xtrend don`t have Kodi, so you can rule them out..

Edision OS MEGA would be my choice..

The solo2 has more image support. But look at the extras you get with the Edision OS MEGA.

Better processor, double the amount of flash, extra DVB-S2/T2/C Tuner, bluetooth, wifi..

Keep in mind the solo2 is nearly 5 years old now.. Edision OS MEGA has just been released..

• I have the shield as well and I use SPMC on that, I like the latest update for the Shield as well it has to be the best box for Kodi ,Spmc, Amazon and Netflix by a mile. The Shield lives in my hideout with the other boys toys, and the satellite box I am getting is for her ladyship so will be in the lounge along with the roku 2 which she loves for it's ease of use. Thanks for the advice Master G and robd1978 .I am leaning toward the edision mega as I already have the edision mini which has been a good little box

Edited once, last by 1999gtv: spelling was awful ().

• Edision OS Mega is fast becoming our best selling E2 receiver, great spec and amazing value for money.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Just a follow up: would recommend the seller and the Os mega to anyone in the market for a box of this type. Since receiving it have installed hdd and flashed with Open Vix also installed Kiddacs Slyk skin as the wife is familiar with the layout of the skin. Picture quality is very good and everything seems very fast and fluent, wife loves it and has mastered recording, kodi and used the hotkeys to set up the remote control to suit herself. Hopefully it will be a reliable piece of kit, it has not given me any reason to think otherwise. The only issue I have experienced so far is trying to get the remote away from her.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!