KodiLite Discussion (addon errors, new addon requests etc.)

There are 2,968 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 366,422 times. The last Post () by toti.toti.

• Hello pdc, the addon plugin.video.cine 1.0.0 that you published in Spanish language does not work, it enters the sections but the content is not displayed, this addon I tried in original kodi and it is working correctly, but it does not in kodilite, maybe there is Some problem in adapting the addon to kodilite ..

Thanks for your work

greetings

Hello pcd, in the new version of the plugin already works the addon of cinema in Spanish, although in the section of downloads of the plugin I do not see pelisalacarta and some more addons, I do not know if it is normal, in any case many thanks for everything, it is very good update

regards

• It is uploaded now. Available via "Install addons" under "Kids and fun". Hope it is not the wrong category ! :D

• I already found the addon. But when I tried it on Kodi on pc - when a video was selected - every time it said 'You are not logged in'.

Ok pcd, I think the person interested on the addon won't give us the account access data, this is a pay service. I will say something to you in afirmative case.

Thank you.

• Many thanks, pcd! That was very fast :-)

Unfortunately it looks like its pretty buggy. Starting was fine and I went into "Setup" to enter my username -> worked fine.

I clicked on "Following" after that and it created a list of my followed channels and I was able to start streams.

But the quality is only 400x226 for all streams, when I want the quality on "source".

So I went back to the setup screen and tried to change the "video" value. However I dont know what to setup there, in the original twitch addon You can change between different resolutions and "source" in a list. Anyway I just pushed green to save value and it seems like this messed up the whole settings.xml and I was no longer able to start the addon -> immediately crash.

After using the settings.xml from my personal kodi installation I get the following error.log after clicking on "Following":

Here in default-py sys.argv = ['/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite/plugins/plugin.video.twitch/default.py', '10', '?plugin://plugin.video.twitch/createFollowingList/']

Here in default-py sys.argv B= ['plugin://plugin.video.twitch/createFollowingList/', '10', '']

This is the settings.xml, the original twitch addon created on its own:

<settings>

<setting id="clear_previews" value="" />

<setting id="contenttypes" value="0" />

<setting id="install_ircscript" value="" />

<setting id="irc_enable" value="false" />

<setting id="irc_username" value="" />

<setting id="live_previews_enable" value="false" />

<setting id="notify_refresh" value="true" />

<setting id="oauth_client_id" value="REMOVED" />

<setting id="oauth_token" value="REMOVED" />

<setting id="refresh_interval" value="10" />

<setting id="refresh_previews" value="true" />

<setting id="titledisplay" value="4" />

<setting id="titletruncate" value="false" />

<setting id="username" value="REMOVED" />

<setting id="video" value="0" />

</settings>

There is also a "Settings" option in the main screen, which I was not able to open at all. Error log says:

Here in default-py sys.argv = ['/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite/plugins/plugin.video.twitch/default.py', '7', '?plugin://plugin.video.twitch/showSettings/']

Here in default-py sys.argv B= ['plugin://plugin.video.twitch/showSettings/', '7', '']

The e.log has a big list of "adding url rule" and ends up with

[xbmcswift2] Handling incoming request for /showSettings/

[xbmcswift2] Request for "/showSettings/" matches rule for function "showSettings"

Also its not possible to change the values in setup screen -> "titledisplay" and "contenttypes". I did not checked other settings, but I suspect that more or less all settings are not changeable or Im just doing/understand things wrong.

I also saw that I had to install an additional package "xbmcswift2" to use Your addon.

Would be happy if You can do some research and fixing :-) Of course You can always get back on me and I will try everything to help You out.

PS: I think You should really try urself to play some streams, create the channellist etc. by entering an username in the setup screen, who is following channels and games.

• Yes I thought the quality was terrible. I am not registered at that site. What username I should put in ?

ps. On pc Kodi I got quality 720 without username. I will try to sort out our version tomorrow.

Edited 2 times, last by pcd ().

• Yes I thought the quality was terrible. I am not registered at that site. What username I should put in ?

ps. On pc Kodi I got quality 720 without username. I will try to sort out our version tomorrow.

try "ninja" as username, so You get the follower list of ninja.. list is sorted between online- and offline channels.. and the online channels in the top are listed by top viewers..

"source" quality is the original stream in highest possible quality. Some peoples only stream in 720p, but many do 1080p.

You should compare with the original twitch addon in pc kodi to get the same options in Your adaption. I will wait for next version and give You feedback.

• Hello again pdc, the addons of plugin.video.cine there are times that I still give error when I want to open it, I have gone to see the log and it puts this to me, I do not know how much error can be and if they have a solution .. thanks.

Here in default-py sys.argv = ['/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite/plugins/plugin.video.cine/default.py', '1', '']
    Here in default-py sys.argv B= ['plugin://plugin.video.cine/', '1', '']
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite/plugins/plugin.video.cine/default.py", line 27, in <module>
    import sqlite3,base64
    ImportError: No module named sqlite3

• Try telnet commands :-

opkg update

opkg install python-sqlite3

• try "ninja" as username, so You get the follower list of ninja.. list is sorted between online- and offline channels.. and the online channels in the top are listed by top viewers..

"source" quality is the original stream in highest possible quality. Some peoples only stream in 720p, but many do 1080p.

You should compare with the original twitch addon in pc kodi to get the same options in Your adaption. I will wait for next version and give You feedback.

Please delete twitch and install again. I have coded in ninja and source in utils.py directly.

• Please delete twitch and install again. I have coded in ninja and source in utils.py directly.

That works, but how does that help other people? If people install twitch in KodiLite now they have hardcoded ninja username and source qual. Or will You fix setup ui later?

Also is it possible to add color buttons functionaly to KodiLite?

And is there a way to start a stream without the pre-window where I choose how to handle the stream? I would recommend to use a default way to start streams and add "menu" key functionality for every stream, where You get the pre-window which is visible before starting a stream. In this menu window it should also be possible to change the default way to open all streams or this special selected stream.

Another thing Im tinking about: Is there an easy way to automatically start an addon when starting KodiLite?

I think KodiLite has massive potential :-)

• The username and source can be changed manually (by ftp) in the addon file utils.py. It is not easy to make the settings work because the addon is not like normal Kodi addons.

There is an option " Play videos direct" in Config. It automatically chooses the 'Play' option. But most links in twitch are m3u8 - best played using the 'Play with hlsplayer' method.

What do you mean by 'color buttons functionaly' ? The buttons are already in red, green etc.

• Hiya pcd I have installed the new kodilite released by you how do I add more addons in the new one ?

From Post 1 in the main KodiLite thread :-

"

Method :
    Tested Kodi addons can be installed online via button "Install addons"
    and deleted via button "Delete addons" in first screen. Addons will be
    updated online when necessary. Any other Kodi addons can be tested by
    ftp to folder
    /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/KodiLite/plugins."

• The username and source can be changed manually (by ftp) in the addon file utils.py.

Yes, i know. But do other people know? I think this addon is not only for me, other people will use it either?! :-)

It is not easy to make the settings work because the addon is not like normal Kodi addons.

:-(

There is an option " Play videos direct" in Config. It automatically chooses the 'Play' option. But most links in twitch are m3u8 - best played using the 'Play with hlsplayer' method.

Oh thanks, missed that option. I had absolutely no problems so far using the default play option. Just tested via "play videos direct" and its working just fine.

What do you mean by 'color buttons functionaly' ? The buttons are already in red, green etc.

I mean giving the color buttons addon functionality, e. g. in my case reloading the list of "Following" in twitch addon. Thats possible in Kodi, sounds complex tho.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!