Updating KodiLite Addons and General Coding Matters

There are 163 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 22,920 times. The last Post () by pcd.

• I found the original one and ftped it tried playing a movie and got a error.

Also I checked on pc kodi to see if niter still working and it didn't got error on there to.

You have to use print statements to get close to the error and see if you can solve it.

On a different matter - (1) can you please try the 'Play with vlc' option with any video item. If it works - please explain and sort out this user's problem :-

https://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php/123241-Kodilite-Crashes-Openatv-6-0?p=389727&viewfull=1#post389727

(2) Also can you please check that the new script.module.subssupport works - and if it works for you - sort out this user's problem :-

https://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php/121743-Subtitles-with-KodiLite-How-to?p=389603&viewfull=1#post389603

Thanks.

• Fixed the error I restarted the box and play option worked.

I'll try out the new subs support if working for me I'll try helping.

• Fixed the error I restarted the box and play option worked.

I'll try out the new subs support if working for me I'll try helping.

Thanks. SubsSupport is a mystery. It is working on one box - but when I tried on another today it did not work.

• Updated addons for kodilite attached below.

plugin.video.exodus-1.0.7
    plugin.video.specto-1.0.4
    plugin.video.Xstream-1.0.2

Excellent work ! Thank you very much. I will check them as soon as I can.
    But before we put them in the sticky thread - please do these two tasks :-

(1) Each addon has to work with plugin KodiLite version 1 only. If any addon needs some extra scripts or changes to any files in KodiLite - they have to be put in with the addon. That is why i had some addons in /lib. So - please check and put in /lib if necessary.

(2) You and I - and other coders - will need to know in future what was modified in the Kodi addon to make it work. So please put near the top of default.py - comment lines listing the files you have changed.

Also in the changed file - give some indication where the changes are - like

############fix start ########

############fix end#########

This will make it easier for someone else to modify addons in future.

I will also follow these rules from now.

Thanks again, pcd.

- - - Updated - - -

I did a quick test of the three addons.

exodus and specto movies worked. But the yellow button for subtitles did not work. No problem - I will sort it.

xstream got to the movies resolvers but I could not find any resolver that worked. Please give an example of what worked with you.

• xstream got to the movies resolvers but I could not find any resolver that worked. Please give an example of what worked with you.[/QUOTE]

Xstream addon is doing same here to I download the clone version I think that's why maybe.

• entered exodus tools/accounts/real debrid authorise gives you a code,on laptop my debrid account device code enter the code and it opens debrid.in Kodilite I go to tools accounts but it will not open goes back to home screen

• In file /KodiLite/plugins/plugin.video.exodus/resources/settings.xml find the lines :-

Code
    <setting type="lsep" label="RealDebrid" />
    		<setting id="realdebrid.auth" type="action" option="close" label="32306" action="RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.exodus/?action=rdAuthorize)" />
    		<setting id="realdebrid.id" type="text" option="hidden" visible="false" label="" default="" />
    		<setting id="realdebrid.secret" type="text" option="hidden" visible="false" label="" default="" />
    		<setting id="realdebrid.token" type="text" option="hidden" visible="false" label="" default="" />
    		<setting id="realdebrid.refresh" type="text" option="hidden" visible="false" label="" default="" />

There in default="" insert between the quotes what you need to put in. Then try using exodus. Let us know if it works.

• on kodi direct when you went tools accounts authorise it gives you the code,i don't know how to get a code on kodilite to activate without code no way to get it to work.

• (1) Each addon has to work with plugin KodiLite version 1 only. If any addon needs some extra scripts or changes to any files in KodiLite - they have to be put in with the addon. That is why i had some addons in /lib. So - please check and put in /lib if necessary.

(2) You and I - and other coders - will need to know in future what was modified in the Kodi addon to make it work. So please put near the top of default.py - comment lines listing the files you have changed.

Also in the changed file - give some indication where the changes are - like

############fix start ########

############fix end#########

This will make it easier for someone else to modify addons in future.

I'm looking for some scripts but can't find them on google. I also looked on pc kodi to find them by following info from #79 the folders that you mentioned I couldn't find in pc for scripts.

Inside the default.py file what do I put near top line 1.

• In Windows the script.modules used by Kodi should in folder \windows os\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

Did you find the folder addons ?

Also - do not put anything right at the top of default.py - because some addons have important declaration lines as the first lines. Put the fix info as comment lines just below the standard text that you add to default.py. The fix info can be the names (with path) of the files you changed.

Edited 2 times, last by pcd ().

• [quote='pcd','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=390455#post390455']In Windows the script.modules used by Kodi should in folder \windows os\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

Did you find the folder addons ?

I only found \windows\os\users\ but couldn't find <username>\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons

• I only found \windows\os\users\ but couldn't find <username>\appdata\roaming\kodi\addons

<username> is your user name for windows. In the folder 'users' do you see a folder with your username ?

In your file explorer if you find Documents or Desktop - look in Properties. There you will see the path \users\your name\

Edited once, last by pcd ().

• <username> is your user name for windows. In the folder 'users' do you see a folder with your username ?

In your file explorer if you find Documents or Desktop - look in Properties. There you will see the path \users\your name\

Yes I do see my user name for windows and then \appdata\roaming\kodi\addons I can't find.

• kodi must be somewhere in your computer. Search in the file explorer.

- - - Updated - - -

If you know how to run a command in windows - this command will locate kodi :-

%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata

- - - Updated - - -
    [MENTION=243614]Nitro123[/MENTION]

Can you post now ?

• I tried the command on pc and it says \appdata\roaming\kodi\userdata' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!