Triax Tri Link Workaround?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,445 times. The last Post () by erinville.

• On my previous receiver I was able to watch & change channels in another room using a Triax Tri Link because the receiver had a scart connection.
    My new receiver has no scart connection & I was wondering if there is a way round this so that I can view & control my receiver in another room instead of forking out more cash?

• Which edision model do you have?
    The os-mini is supplied with a 3.5 jack to phono output lead (red white and yellow)
    This lead along with a scart adaptor should be all that is needed to connect to your tri-link.
    87c3b55b814.jpg

It can be got from any electronics store (currys/maplin) or auction sites, shouldn't cost anything more than €5.

• Thanks for your reply.
    I got the adapter in the post & now I have a fine picture in the second room.
    I can also change channels using the magic eye.
    My only problem is that there is loads of static on the sound.
    I changed channels on the modulator 36, 54, 68 etc.. but I can't get rid of the static.
    Edision Mini OS Twin Tuner.
    No scart or RCA connections.

• Try refitting the 3.5 jack to phono output lead, make sure the jack is plugged firmly/fully into the rear of the receiver (i don't have a tri-link but have found that if the jack isn't pushed fully home, you will get static across both channels when using external speakers)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you using the original 3.5 to rca lead that came with the receiver as some aftermarket ones differ (the length and spacing of the jack is sometimes longer/shorter which will end up in bad or no contact within the jack plug on the rear of your receiver).

• Using the original 3.5 to rca leads.
    When I'm tuning after changing the modulator to channel 36 I also get the terrestrial channels from the outside aerial.
    Just wondering if I do really need that lead in the modulator as the outside aerial has been giving trouble intermittently for a while.
    Just guessing that the channels from the receiver would still come out in the second room?

- - - Updated - - -

Just done that now.
    Big improvement, but still static in the background.

• I tried all the frequencies up to 69 but, still getting static.
    The only thing I can think of is that it could be some setting in either TV or maybe it could be a setting on the receiver?

• My TV just does automatic scan.
    How do I know that it's either Pal I or G?
    The terrestial channels come through fine.
    They are Mux 21 & 24.
    Maybe if I set the modulator to below 36?
    Just guessing.

• I did manual scan on analogue but still static.
    I have 2 similiar TVs.
    One is 32" & the one I'm having problems with is the 19".
    This is a link to the 19" TV.
    Maybe there is a setting wrong.

https://www.manualslib.com/pro…19pfl3405h-05-310095.html

- - - Updated - - -

Pal I never popped up.

- - - Updated - - -

The scart adapter is in AV In on the Modulator & selected to input.
    I presume that this is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

My eyesight must be going.
    I just discovered an audio button on the remote control.
    Digital Downmix is set to on.
    AAC Downmix is on.
    AAC Transcoding is off.
    Channel is stereo.

Edision OS Mini Plus + PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 H.265 HEVC Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download Edision OS Mini Plus + Edision OS Mio Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PurE2, SatDreamGR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!