amiko alien 2+ advice needed

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,827 times. The last Post () by united19.

• Hi all I completely know nothing about the amiko alien 2 plus or spark currently have a vu solo 2 and and comfortable using enigma 2. so looking at this amiko i like the idea of the triple tuner so i can have cable and sat on the same box so i know enigma 2 can be loaded on these boxes but does it work the same way like can i have the same images openatv plugins i currently have crossepg, abm Cccam etc or do i need alternatives ive no interest in using spark. any help/advice would be much appreciated.

• ah ok yes ive already tested it on a zgemma channels are clearing fine so can i assume then that the amiko when in enigma 2 mode cant install the plugins the same way as a solo 2 would ive read you need to use oscam instead of Cccam ?

• You need to try get hold of an official or unofficial box to see if your cable still live at the cab with no sub on it. Mines is 4yr on. If FTA works you're good to go then look at signal issues later if any

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

• ah ok yes ive already tested it on a zgemma channels are clearing fine so can i assume then that the amiko when in enigma 2 mode cant install the plugins the same way as a solo 2 would ive read you need to use oscam instead of Cccam ?

Correct, there is no cccam for the alien2. You may find some files claiming to be cccam for alien2, but they are usually just mgcamd renamed. (however that may work for you depending on your configuration.) Oscam is available for the alien2. If you are worried about compatability with your current config, you can test oscam on your vu solo first.

The alien2 is sh4, whereas the Edison is mips based. Both are supported by OpenATV and other builds of enigma2 (note however that the openpli team does not "officially" support sh4 boxes) There can be a problem with plugins as some are designed for mips and either do not work well or not at all for sh4. But the plugins you listed do work on the alien2. If you look in the alien section here, you will see lots of info... https://linuxsat-support.com/f…mp-Satellite-HD-Receivers

I never used the Edison Mega, so I cannot comment on it.

Edited once, last by joeuser ().

• Correct, there is no cccam for the alien2. You may find some files claiming to be cccam for alien2, but they are usually just mgcamd renamed. (however that may work for you depending on your configuration.) Oscam is available for the alien2. If you are worried about compatability with your current config, you can test oscam on your vu solo first.

The alien2 is sh4, whereas the Edison is mips based. Both are supported by OpenATV and other builds of enigma2 (note however that the openpli team does not "officially" support sh4 boxes) There can be a problem with plugins as some are designed for mips and either do not work well or not at all for sh4. But the plugins you listed do work on the alien2. If you look in the alien section here, you will see lots of info... https://linuxsat-support.com/f…mp-Satellite-HD-Receivers

I never used the Edison Mega, so I cannot comment on it.

That's everything I needed to know thanks for the detailed answer mate much appreciated :)

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!