setting up motor and dish in tyne and wear

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 814 times. The last Post () by mrbirdseye.

• Latitude: 54.8389°
    Longitude: -1.4598° in the houghton le spring tyne and wear.

i am going to try set my motorized sat up soon , what would be the best sat to tune in to ?.

Will i have to set the motor and the dish too different angles.

how would i put the lat and lon in my vu solo2 atv 6 image. going to try use usuals .

any help would be a blessing thanks. tm 2600m3 motor and 80 dish.

• Usually best is to use a satellite as close to due south from you as possible. A quick look at lyngsat shows at 0.8W there is a sat with a transponder with some FTA channels which you should be able to receive at freq 12418V, 28000-7/8.

Pole needs to be as plumb as possible - any tilt will get magnified the further away from due south the dish is pointing...

Try dishpointer.com for help with setup (used to be a link on the old website, not sure with this new forum...)

Service searching -> Tuner configuration -> (tuner) -> Mode = Positioner, then enter your lat/long (use 1.4598 west instead of negative...)

Edit: Link for dishpointer is above under "Useful Links".

Edited once, last by joeuser: Add info ().

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!