Can i put in a gen VM card?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,057 times. The last Post () by dinje.

• VM sent me a Tivo box, and 12mths free VMtv, can i put this card into the Vu+ Duo2? as i don't want the tivo stuck under the tv as well as the VU

If you have a look you might find there is actually no card present in the tivo box anyway making cs impossible.

Oh right, its up in the loft, never even opened the box. So how can i get it to work on the Duo2? if not possible, if i give it to my mum, will it work at her house, she has vm broadband.

• Lost me now..why is it in the loft if vm sent it to you with 12 months free sub? in any case it has to have a card installed at the back and a subscription b4 you can get this to work in your vu box...and as said above you need rsa and bk from the tivo which i think you will struggle to achieve tbh.

If it does have a subscription it will also work at your mothers providing she is on the same netid platform as yourself, otherwise she would need to pay to have the tivo activated which may not happen and tbh worth it either as new turbo v6 boxes are in place now.

• Thanks. I don't need vmtv, (i already have all the tv packages i want) i have their broadband, but they sent me this tv deal and a phone deal, for less than what i was already paying for just cable. Checked my account and its full house tv. I'll cancel when the 12mths are up.

They gave me free weekend calls etc, but not a phone number. which i don't need anyway, as we all use mobiles, and don't want a land-line.

Mum lives up the road, so i'll set it up for her.

• Checked my account and its full house tv.

Happy Dayz:-)

Your mother will need a splitter if she only has broadband/ or use the feed connecting an existing vm box with low or no package.

One thing i would not do is connect your tivo via ethernet as it could flag up some issues with the box being in a property other than yours, i dont think ethernet works too well on the older tivo especially the scientific ones but best to be safe and leave it disconnected

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!