Kodi or Xmbc for vu solo 4K

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,599 times. The last Post () by sparky208.

• On latest Atv versions full kodi is available in extensions, once installed it creates a hidden folder called .kodi on your hdd. However if you have previously attempted to install kodi/xbmc you would have to find the hidden .kodi folder those attempts would have created on your hdd and remove it prior to attempting to install kodi again. It is easy to find with dream explorer or with filezilla as long as you have set filezilla to force showing hidden files under the server tab in filezillas settings.

• i have ftp the box and delete hidden folders of Kodi and xmbc

then reboot box

my box is with latest software

I install kodi from extension plugin feed then restart box and the go into menu

kodi showing there but when i select nothing happened

• Kodi can be hit and miss on E2 boxes as you will know also it has so many folders and files it can be a pain to get rid of. Normally uninstalling kodi followed by removing the hidden files on your HDD will sort it out. Once I had to reflash with new clean image no settings or backups, and reformat and initialise the hdd to get rid of it completely. Then I made Kodi the first extension installed followed by setting up the rest from scratch which got things working as they should, a right PIA and more trouble than it is worth. I have moved more towards IPTV player on the E2 boxes and Kodi on the Nvidia shield. Even a cheap android box will run kodi as well as an E2 box.

• morning,

well thanks for the information.

I can not format the HDD as I got stuff recordings on it.

I have delete all hidden files and there are no files anymore.

it is pain full to install it.

unless some one copy/ftp from his E2 running box and share here

then I can add that folder manually and that will work I believe.

• My boxes are now all mips based and not arm based like the solo 4k you are using. Don't know if the kodi folder on mine would create more problems or corruption of your vu+ . If someone can definetly say for sure that a mips based kodi install will not ruin an arm based box I will quite happily send it to you. I really don't know the full workings of the kodi found in the feeds and whether it is box specific, I would not want to be complicit in the act of killing your box with a file not designed for it.

• Have attached a tar.gz file once you unzip it you can ftp the kodi folder inside to your hdd. Once on hdd rename folder from kodi to .kodi I had to rename it to make it visible when you open the .gz. Please bear in mind this is from a Mips based box and I don't know what will happen if you install it on your arm box.. May be worth mentioning Kodi only installs if your hdd is mounted as media/hdd it doesn't install if mounted as dev/sda or any other format as far as I can tell

Edited 2 times, last by 1999gtv ().

• Will not let me upload just folder have now attached a zip file for you to try and extract to your desktop before sending to boxkodi.zip . Inside you should have kodi folder with multiple folders inside. If this does the same as the other file I uploaded just I will set up a dropbox link or mega link and upload folder there

• Only other thing I can think of trying is to delete kodi folder from hdd and uninstalling kodi followed by running filesystem check on hdd to rule out any bad sectors. Then reinstall kodi again and then ftp the folder I have sent to hdd and overwrite any folder the install creates. Having a look around some of the other forums I have come across a few people who are having same issue with the 4k and there seems to be no definitive answer. People who seem to have most success are those who have installed just after a clean flash with no settings backup. Even then there is no guarantee it will work for all

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!