Test HLG HDR on Astra 19,2°E

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,756 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• Zilizila can you confirm that HLG signal passed through to (you LG OLED?) TV by the Octagon and that this recognised by the TV?

I ask as HLG said to require HDMI 2.0b and although my LGE6 has had firmware upgraded and is able to process HLG when viewing satellite broadcasts via its internal DVB-S2 tuner I wonder if:

A the SF4008 able to do so; and

B whether the TV able to receive this via an HDMI 2.0a port on the Octagon outgoing and/or TV incoming

Minded to consider SF4008 seriously but given that HLG broadcasts in the pipeline would like a box which can definitely pick up and pass on the HLG HDR.

On LG OLEDs if watching a Dolby Vision clip/movie on Netflix for example the TV does flash a temporary banner in the top RH corner of the screen announcing this. Does a similar sign show when HLG HDR signal picked up by the TV?

Thank you.

• The Octagon or any of the other 4K Satellite receivers available would have to have had a driver update with HLG implemented for this to work, I can confirm that my Solo 4K does NOT! pass HLG from this test even though my LG E6 has had the latest HLG firmware update and tested with the BBC iplayer Planet earth 2 HLG test broadcast.

The Manufacturers like Vu+,Octagon etc.. need to get this updated

• The Octagon or any of the other 4K Satellite receivers available would have to have had a driver update with HLG implemented for this to work, I can confirm that my Solo 4K does NOT! pass HLG from this test even though my LG E6 has had the latest HLG firmware update and tested with the BBC iplayer Planet earth 2 HLG test broadcast.

The Manufacturers like Vu+,Octagon etc.. need to get this updated

Thank you digi247

The forthcoming VU+ Uno 4K SE and Zero 4K are said to be capable of processing HLG.

It will be interesting if the now HLG capable LG B/C/E/G6 series will be able to receive such via their HDMI ports in addition to directly via DVB-S2/T/C tuners as I have been able to with a satellite feed directly to the TV. The newest TVs (incl. LG 7th gen, Sony,Panansonic etc) sport HDMI 2.0b ports which are expressly HLG capable.

• HDMI 2.0a is sufficient for all HDR formats such as HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision. i know my Solo4K can pass HDR as i have tested this and seeing as HLG is just the 'Broadcast' format of HDR then any 4K receiver that can pass HDR should in by all accounts be easily upgradeable to pass the HLG signal.

As i previously stated you would have to wait for the Receiver manufacturers to update there Drivers to allow the HLG format to work, But seeing as there are NO! HLG broadcasts available at present i cannnot see them rushing to get this Updated.

I would also say its advisable to wait before a purchase as the next phase is 'HFR' which again is testing on some satellites this is the next format to work alongside HLG and only this years LG OLED generation will be able to support the HFR/HLG format when its fully released.

OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p Wifi Multi-Stream Dual DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver.

Download OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!