Rescue mode but no ip address detected on TV screen

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,098 times. The last Post () by Lemme.

• Hello everyone

My dm900 is blinking with black screen once turn it on. However

I did the process for resuce method but its not showing ip address in TV or dreambox screen

However. Is there anyway to find the ip address. I need to flash the dreambox.

I will appreciate your details support

• If your box is not working, it might not have been assigned an ip address.

There are several ways to find an ip address for you devices connected to your network.

1) Log into your router via your PC. And somewhere in your settings (ARP/DHCP) it will list the devices connected and the IPs assigned to various devices.

2) Use windows command prompt. arp -a to give a list of assigned IP addresses on your network.

3)Trial an error in telnet or ftp sofware. By just stepping through the IP addresses you expect on your network i.e 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3 . ...

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I have same problem with a tomato firmware router.....changed to a billion router and it worked OK

I ended up using a usb wifi stick and that works fine with my tomato firmware router

so the dm900 has a ip address bug with some routers :(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!