Which of these 4K STBs is best for me?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,311 times. The last Post () by world-of-satellite.co.uk.

• I'm looking to purchase a new 4K STB. My budget is up to £350.
    I have three static dishes and one motorised dish at present, using one diseqc switch on my VU-DUO2 with three S2 tuners.

Ideally I want 3x DVB-S2 tuners (S2x not important ATM but may be future-proofing?) and facility to use my existing 3.5" 1.5TB HDD (most likely this will have to be external).

I've short listed Mutant HD51, Octagon sf4008 and GigaBlue quad 4K. They all have advantages and disadvantages.

eg

Mutant - cheapest, good image support but only 2 tuners, alleged poor remote and no eSATA.

Octagon - mid priced and good in most departments but no OpenPli support, no stream-relay support (still?) and no eSATA.

GigaBlue - a lot more expensive and most features. However, no OpenPli or ViX images (yet) and no DVB-S2x.

What are other important characteristics I should be considering? eg which has Blindscan etc?

What is the general consensus here which will be the best buy to suit my needs now (and perhaps in the future)?

• Official Post

All of the latest 4K receivers use 2.5 " SATA internal hard drives, so your 3.5" is going to need to be external.

I had the Mutant HD51 for a brief period and didn`t like it.

The remote is poor and the unit itself looks cheap compared to any other receiver i`ve tested recently.

I wouldn`t recommend it with your budget.

After comparing the other 2, I think the GigaBlue has everything you are looking for.

Its a very new receiver, so image support is always slow to be released.

If image support is a must then look at the vu+ solo4k.

Its a twin tuner, so you are going to need to add on an extra tuner.

Another suggestion would be the dm900, with separate triple hybrid tuner that supports dvb-s2x, dvb-c & dvb-T2.

• The Octagon SF4000 is not in stock anywhere. They have been promised for months but the delivery date keeps getting put off.

I had a DM7000, DM7025 and a DM600pvr in the early days but I more lately considered them over-priced.

However, I'll check the specs of the 900 UHD.

• The Octagon SF4000 is not in stock anywhere. They have been promised for months but the delivery date keeps getting put off.

I had a DM7000, DM7025 and a DM600pvr in the early days but I more lately considered them over-priced.

However, I'll check the specs of the 900 UHD.

Octagon SF4008 due into us this week confirmed. https://www.world-of-satellite…search&filter_name=sf4008

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!