issues with DVB-T USB Stick

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,524 times. The last Post () by axl.

• Hi I'm just wondering if anybody has come across this problem with using an addon usb DVB-T tuner.

I have a Gigablue HD800 Solo running the latest team red image with newest drivers installed.

I have tried two DVB-T sticks upto now.

Both are recognised when it comes to installing the driver.

The first one a Hauppauge Win Tv unit is recognised in the driver selection, but never appears in the tuner section.

The Second is an Avermedia Volor Black A850. This is recognised in the tuner and after a few reboots of the system it finally shows up in the tuner menu.

All goes well until you try and tune. Once it sees a digital mux it just stops the system. The rotating cogs appear and it does nothing else, and requires a system reboot before you can do anything else with the box.

Anybody got any idea what is happening with this box or do i need to buy a different penstick.

I have also considered trying open AAF, does anyone know if this image supports DVB-T sticks.

Nano

• The Gigablue doesn't yet seem to support the USB DVB-T tuner properly as of yet. You can get some sort of success with v2 teamred firmware (we are now on v4), but there was no sound on the receiver when I tried it with an af9015 chipset tuner, but I managed a picture. The odd thing is that the TeamRed developers seem to suggest that they support a number of DVB-T tuners, but there seems to be no account of anything working from v3. It does seem to recognise the tuner is there, but it shows in the tuner config as a vtuner dvb-s - and there is no way to scan it. I have tried with 2 af9015 chipset dual tuner sticks and also a wintv n***-t.

The openAAF seems to be further behind still in getting this to work. I can't see it being a priority while they are trying to sell the 800SE model, which has the option of a terrestrial tuner for an extra cost, infact it seems to have gone backwards since version v3 on the TeamRed firmware, which leaves me wondering if this is related?

I think either wait, or sell the solo and get an 800SE with a DTT if you can't wait.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I thought that may be the case. It serves me right for wanting to try something different instead of getting another Vu+ unit.

Still we all learn by our mistakes. I think i will probably go to Open AAF in all honesty due to issues with Team Red reading my card.

It reads it eventually, but takes too long for OSCam. It only seems to work with CCCam which is a complete bummer considering i was getting good with setting up OSCam. I've got my old DM7020Si singing and dancing with it :haha:

• One reason I bought it was for the supposed DVB-T support that isn't but I still think it is a great little receiver, and compliments my Vu+ Duo! Not tried Oscam on the TeamRed but know it works on AAF image.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thats all i need to know. looks lke i'll be flashing it on my next day off :confident:

• gigasolo the 800 since its first appearance
    has had problems with vTuner and now more than before.

initially used sources nemesis. (vTuner)
    and kernel 26.18.
    then switching to kernel 26.36 troubles have multiplied
    because the new drivers (bug fix Italian ***)
    (random blocks).
    Extuner drivers now use (by sif) .... but this should not be
    why can not automatically recognize any stick ddt.
    else is certainly not the will to implement DTT. (business reasons)

• oops forgot. some other authors gigasolo bkp personal "work" on DTT, but the block is random, sometimes
    search on goooogle

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!