What is MultiCS & OSCam

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,631 times. The last Post () by williamgilles.

• I have been using CSP on a Debian VPS for a while with DreamBox 500-S card servers using rqcs.

What is MultiCS?
    Is it just run a DreamBox card server instead of rqcs or does it have another use?

Also I see a lot of people using OSCam - what is this?

Thanks

• oscam is an open source cardreader very similar to rqcs but under constant development and will read most cards these days
    you can share to clients directly from oscam as well using CCcam, mgcamd etc on client side
    stay away from MultiCS as it was rumoured to have a backdoor, it's a proxy similar to csp btw
    for your card you wont find much better than rqcs,
    sbox and oscam will do similar but rqcs was designed for n3 cards, ive been using it for 2 years trouble free ;)

• Thanks sync.
    I've been using rqcs for over 5 years - but with Raton missing in action - I was wondering if there was something new and better to use with n3 cards. I have rqcamd, mgcamd and CCcam on the client DreamBoxes - so each client can select which one they want to use using the Softcam setup screen.
    Some of my Dreambox servers are giving me errors - such as not sending CWs to clients and client disconnects - in my case the clients are just my CSP servers.
    It's probably just a hardware issue that I should fix - but I was wondering if a different card server or load balancer would help.

In your opinion is CSP is the best load balancer available. I like CSP but I have to babysit it a lot as it overloads the cpu at times and seizes and has to be restarted.
    Have you heard anything good or bad about the BTKServers?

Is SBox a load balancer? I've heard of it - but just thought it was some type of receiver :-)

• raton is missing alright but im sure he's watching from afar lol
    sbox is very similar to rqcs but works a bit better for euro n3 cards and I find a reflash of the dm every now and then is needed if using as a cardreader
    yep csp is the best proxy imo, I even get lower ecm times with csp for my nd$ card than I used to get with cccam :)

Other Not Listed Softcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for Other Not Listed Softcams - CSP, DreamOS, GBox, NEWCamd, MultiCS, OSCam Smod, OSCam Ymod, SUpcam & Wicardd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!