cant get broadband studio to connect

There are 29 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,040 times. The last Post () by loady.

• i have written the bootloader to the original chip from box and the one i intended to replace it with, i verified both as well with the same program i used to write them, i thought i would read both chips and save the files and use a comparison tool against the bootloader i wrote to them, the program comes back to say the files are different on both chips. do i have the right bootloader, i cant register on the zgemma site to get it from there

• Official Post

i have written the bootloader to the original chip from box and the one i intended to replace it with, i verified both as well with the same program i used to write them, i thought i would read both chips and save the files and use a comparison tool against the bootloader i wrote to them, the program comes back to say the files are different on both chips. do i have the right bootloader, i cant register on the zgemma site to get it from there

i have added all i have here:

ZGemma Star Bootloaders

from your earlier post.... i am not sure those chips are the same, there is differances with pins 2, 3, and 6

Make sure you are flashing the right bootloader as the wrong one will brick the box

• Well..solder back in the original windbond and got boot up straight away, switched off, got usb drive ready, plugged in, switched on and changed from boot to flash...yay i thought...it sat like this for over 15 minutes, so i powered off and on and im back to red light and blank lcd :( WTF !!

• Official Post

Well..solder back in the original windbond and got boot up straight away, switched off, got usb drive ready, plugged in, switched on and changed from boot to flash...yay i thought...it sat like this for over 15 minutes, so i powered off and on and im back to red light and blank lcd :( WTF !!

Head/wall banging time...

Have you got a spare power pack ?

What box exactly is it, what image are you trying, try a different usb stick....and image

Other than than that perhaps the chip is dodgy...im guessing now though

• sorted...i soldered in the spansion doh....anyway, put the original in this time and i got boot again and flash...i watched the lcd..it changed from boot>flsh>boot in a split nano second but i powered off and switched on with usb removed, i have the andy Mc screen logo for his image but nothing else is happeneing..the lcd still says boot and there is no waiting timer on screen or anything...getting tantalisingly close now

• now im back to where i was before the bootloader troubles, just tried a stock image, same thing, with this one it comes up USB, i press power, its starts flsh then again it changes to boot back to usb..like its looping, all i get is the start up logos, the USB stick is fine...where is the image being flashed to ?..the winbond chip ?, seriously thinking of flashing the bootloader via usb again but that is the point at which i got the blank LCD and had to do all this chip programming.

Edited once, last by loady ().

• Official Post

now im back to where i was before the bootloader troubles, just tried a stock image, same thing, with this one it comes up USB, i press power, its starts flsh then again it changes to boot back to usb..like its looping, all i get is the start up logos, the USB stick is fine...where is the image being flashed to ?..the winbond chip ?, seriously thinking of flashing the bootloader via usb again but that is the point at which i got the blank LCD and had to do all this chip programming.

Please use another usb stick, the zgemma is an absolute pain in the arse the usb sticks.

Just flash a basic openatv image from here:

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.0/index.php?

• now im back to where i was before the bootloader troubles, just tried a stock image, same thing, with this one it comes up USB, i press power, its starts flsh then again it changes to boot back to usb..like its looping, all i get is the start up logos, the USB stick is fine...where is the image being flashed to ?..the winbond chip ?, seriously thinking of flashing the bootloader via usb again but that is the point at which i got the blank LCD and had to do all this chip programming.

Please use another usb stick, the zgemma is an absolute pain in the arse the usb sticks.

Just flash a basic openatv image from here:

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.0/index.php?

:( ... i know what your saying, i do know this one works but it is a 16gb and takes hours to do a LLF....i bought a kingston 2gb flash drive but box wont even look at it...2gb flash drives on the high street are like rocking horse shite..any reccomendations...? dont suppose i could use a 2gb flash card in a usb adaptor ?

• found another old 2gb usb stick, kingston data traveller, done a LLF, then windows full format, same issue...the stock image takes a bit longer to flash which teased me a bit as i thought it had completed but it had just gone back to boot again except it said usb..so i also tried changing the file from no force to force...just loops back to boot again :(....

...another USB stick ??...its not like it nots trying to flash...maybe need to look to the chip that stores the image...would like to remove it and program the image to it.

Edited 2 times, last by loady ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!